Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout Rename

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
himaabdalbastyahoocom
769 Views, 9 Replies

Layout Rename

is there anyway that i can edit layout name as file name without opening, i got too many files to change layout as name of dwg file was hoping to find way could do it faster for me and thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

You can save the file as DXF, open it with any text-editor such as Notepad, find-and-replace the layout's string name and finally save it again as dxf.

To automate the process, you can try batch files (How to create and run batch file on W10), Microsoft PowerShell or Microsoft Power Automate (Microsoft Power Automate).

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 10

It depends on logic of the renaming but our JTB Batch Change app can help. The Rename tab allows you to rename layouts.

Spreadsheet%20-%20Rename

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 4 of 10

Yes, it is possible with using the AutoCAD scripting and quite easy.

is there all cad files are in the same folder?

what is the default layout name?

if you can tell me the above thing I can help you in writing the script which can do your task easily.

Message 5 of 10

yes its same foldar but names of layout already different in each cad file like 991-DR-00  : 991-DR-01

nd so on i only wanna change this dr to something else but name of cad file is already sit to the right name

Message 6 of 10

open
"<drawing full path>"
-layout
r

123 ( here you will need to eneter your dwg file name & remove brcaketed contain)
qsave

open
"<drawing full path>"
-layout
r

456 ( here you will need to enter your dwg file name & remove bracketed contain)
qsave

edit: paste above code in notepad and save as .scr file format.

edit the attached script file and update it as per your file name and layout name.

to copy the full address of your file you just need to select all your .dwg files.

then press and hold the shift key + right-click on the mouse you will get the option shown as below image

and select " copy as path " then paste it in excel or notepad.

use this path in the attached .scr file and save it.

then just drag this script file in the AutoCAD window. it will perform all actions.

let me know you need further help.

fkp7057_1-1635826958282.png

Message 7 of 10
arshadmirza786
in reply to: fkp7057

Window explorer does not show the "COMMAND as shown in red circle

Which soft ware show this

Message 8 of 10
fkp7057
in reply to: arshadmirza786

you will need to press and hold shift then use the right click of your mouse you will get this menu.

it is windows features.

Message 9 of 10
cadffm
in reply to: arshadmirza786

@arshadmirza786 

Read the answer again and you learn new things about the Windows Explorer 😉

Sebastian

Message 10 of 10
arshadmirza786
in reply to: fkp7057

Thanks for this TRICK it is a new thing for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report