Did you mean: 

Layer States Manager Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dbartholPQYPW
407 Views, 4 Replies

Layer States Manager Issue

I create a layer state through Layer State Manager. I saved the drawing, closed it and when I re-open the file and select the saved layer state all the layers are turned off except for three random layers. Not sure if this is the problem but the attached message appears when I open the file. Also attaching the dwg files.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TomBeauford
in reply to: dbartholPQYPW

I haven't seen that message in many years, I remember using the old LMAN Express Tool before the Layer States Manager replaced it and newer AutoCAD versions would display that message. 

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 3 of 5
dbartholPQYPW
in reply to: TomBeauford

The drawing was originally created around 2008. I wonder if I try purging or wblock all the entities out into a new file if that will fix it?
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dbartholPQYPW

This is just informational, triggered only when you use LAYERSTATE command, it's telling you an old dead function (LMAN) is being updated so you can still use them if you want

pendean_0-1694529517177.png

LMAN was replaced way back when, your file(s) somehow still contained some of those oldies. 

Since I'm not using C3D, and this is not C3D forum, I get a lot of other alerts and informational pop-ups in your files too, so it is hard to cut through it all at the moment. Perhaps this is a C3D quirk? Asking in that forum might get you more answers.

Message 5 of 5
dbartholPQYPW
in reply to: pendean

I opened a new drawing and copied all the element from the old drawing and no longer get the message in the new drawing. Thanks for helping me narrow down a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta