Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts repeat the letter

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nathanERDLX
322 Views, 3 Replies

Keyboard shortcuts repeat the letter

I've recently upgraded from AutoCAD 2023 to AutoCAD 2025, and imported all my settings from 2023. 
Everything works fine except the keyboard shortcuts I've set up. In AutoCAD 2023 I used shift+Z to trigger the command move.
AutoCAD 2025 seems to be more sensitive and starts the command, but also types the letter Z, which cancels the options to snap while moving. When I go back to AutoCAD 2023 this issue never occurs, in AutoCAD 2025 it happens pretty often, but not everytime I press shift+Z. 
Anyone know if there a thing such as keyboard sensitivity? or an option to stop AutoCAD from starting the command AND typing a Z. 

regards, Nathan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: nathanERDLX

If holding the shift key down then tapping Z button only shows you Z at a different capitalization from your keyboard override setting at the commandline, it may simply mean your custom shortcut never made it into 2025, aka it does nothing at all except type Z at the commandline.

Open 2023 and 2025 side by side, inside each start CUI command, go to the KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS section inside of each, and look for your SHIFT+Z customziation then compare the coding.

Message 3 of 4

@nathanERDLX There is an Input search delay that you can modify; or you can turn command line autocomplete and autocorrect off which might solve your problem. Click on the wrench on the command line. 

dany_rochefort_0-1717087951688.png

Also, my method to get multiple commands on the same key is just to double it or triple it... Z for zoom, ZZ for open, ZZZ for close type of deal....

Message 4 of 4
nathanERDLX
in reply to: pendean

The command string was identical, but seems like deleting the SHIFT-Z command and re-adding 'move' from the command list to the keyboard shortcuts did the trick. Thanks for this idea!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta