Did you mean: 

JPG image to Autocad Source file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1246 Views, 5 Replies

JPG image to Autocad Source file

How to convert jpg image to Autocad Source file? Is there any plugin to do that? Can any one explain how to convert jpg file to Autocad source file? I've to make corrections in a map(see the attachment for a reference).

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

There are numerous online apps that can convert raster to vector but there really isn't much in this image that would really come through.

I suggest attaching the image to a drawing and then simply tracing over it.

I did this to the map for you but did not add text.

Capture.PNG

This went pretty quickly taking me about 15 minutes.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi,

Yes. I'm new to this forum and Autocad as well. But my current job demands me to do this conversion(JPG to Cad source file) and change the text as required. Can you please tell me the step by step procedure to do this?

Message 4 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I suggest creating the new text objects using the Mtext command.  Please give it a try and let me know if you get stuck. I am happy to help.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @rtr1811,

I made a quick video that show the process I used to trace the outlines, apply the colored hatch, create some text, and lastly make a table.

I hope this helps.

John Vellek

Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or question. Please mark my post as the solution if it resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report