Did you mean: 

its Regarding jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
356 Views, 3 Replies

its Regarding jpeg

Hi Everyone,

i attached my jpeg in Auto CAD but when i send email to another person. the person not able to see this jpeg. tell me a way  how i attached properly jpeg so another person or computer able to see this jpeg on ther other pc also.

i see many post like embed or refrence. i just need little view so i try on this.Smiley Frustrated

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kasperwuyts
in reply to: Anonymous

The jpeg isn't actually saved in your autocad file like it would be in Microsoft Word, but merely referenced. All that is saved in the Autocad drawing is a link to the path of the image, on your hard drive. Obviously, the person you send your drawing hasn't got this jpeg on his hard drive; so you need to send it along with your DWG file.

The easiest way to do this is to use eTransmit.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

Yeah, go with the etransmit tool. One thing that will help is to make sure the jpeg xref path is set to relative as opposed to full. That way it will keep the reference of the etransmitted jpeg no matter where it's sent to. It's not the worst thing in the world - it saved the other user having to re-path the jpeg xref.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta