Did you mean: 

Issues with Freezing Layers Within Blocks

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
awatson5EJAC
230 Views, 2 Replies

Issues with Freezing Layers Within Blocks

Hi all. Two of our computers are acting differently when it comes to freezing layers in a block and I'm hoping someone here can tell me what's causing this.

We have a door block that has ADA clearance shown on it. The clearances are all on a "clear" layer, while the door itself is on layer 0 so we can change the layer in each drawing depending on what we need. Often we'd like to freeze or turn off the "clear" layer so the drawings only show the doors. The issue is one computer can do this easily while another is more cumbersome. 

On one computer, we can either type in "Layfrz" and click on the clear space lines and it'll turn off. This is how we'd like it to be. However, when trying the same thing on the other computer, it turns off the layer the block is on (which, to be clear, is not the "clear" layer). Manually freezing the layer in the Layer Property Manager works, but we'd rather have all of our computers working the same when it comes to this (especially since the person using that computer doesn't like how it's currently working). Both computers run the same version of AutoCAD (2023).

I'm assuming there's a system variable that's causing this, but for the life of me I don't know what it could be. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
user181
in reply to: awatson5EJAC

Start the Layfrz command and before selecting anything look at the command line and choose Settings and then choose Block Selection and then choose entity. Then try selection your block. 

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
awatson5EJAC
in reply to: user181

Something so simple I didn't even think about it... Thanks so much for your help! This worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta