Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Crashing of AutoCAD/Civil 3D 2022/2023

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nneifferY3M9Z
786 Views, 1 Reply

Constant Crashing of AutoCAD/Civil 3D 2022/2023

For the past 6+ months, both AutoCAD and Civil 3D 2022 and 2023 randomly crash for some unknown reason.  It randomly occurs when we save, switch tabs, switch drawings, and use windows shortcuts like Control+C or Control+V, etc. We get fatal errors without warning. My co-worker and I have been using AutoCAD since the 1990's, and have only experienced this issue for about the last 6 months. It seems to occur more frequently the faster we work within the drawing. Sometimes we have only 1 drawing open, other times we can have multiple drawings open. I can not specifically reproduce the crash. It happens on multiple projects whether I am working locally or on OneDrive. It happens on small drawings or large drawings. Both computers are using Windows 10. Both computers are specifically set up for AutoCad and Microstation. We have both disabled the text cursor indicator which is the generic response from AutoDesk every time we submit a report when our AutoCAD crashes. We have never had text cursor indicator enabled on our machines.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: nneifferY3M9Z

First, ensure C3D 2022/2023 are fully updated.

Then if needed set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart each C3D eat. Any relief?

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables: if still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort, and start a support ticket through your subscription portal as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta