Did you mean: 

Insert Username in AutoCAD Attribute

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1175 Views, 3 Replies

Insert Username in AutoCAD Attribute

Is there a way to had it auto insert the user in the drawn by field? Based on computer ID or even workspace? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

There are many ways to do this such as with a LISP routine, DIESEL code, and my favorite, using fields either by themselves or as attributes in a block.

I made a quick video that shows how I can insert a field and set it to a document property of Last Saved By.  The same steps could be used to insert the date or even linked to custom Drawing Properties.

I hope this proves useful.

To put this in a block with an attribute, use the ATTDEF command with a Field

Capture.PNG

And then add the attribute to a block.

Capture2.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
ewestmark
in reply to: john.vellek

hey, I'm trying to insert names into a drawing, and I would really like to modify the formatting of the field command "Login".

Login prints as a full "John Doe", but I need to match it to my standard "J. DOE" format

But, I noticed that Login is not the same as "loginname" in a deisel expression.

since I cant reformat the login Field, do you know how I can source the same name from a Login field in a Deisel Command?

thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta