Did you mean: 

Icons from DLL not showing in Acad 2022 palettes

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Paul-s
461 Views, 11 Replies

Icons from DLL not showing in Acad 2022 palettes

Hello,

My custom tool palettes pulls/reads icons from a DLL file that I created years back. Every time our office

upgrade Autocad, I would just make sure my DLL file location is in the "Support File Search Path".

This work up to Autocad 2019. Next upgrade I did was to Autocad 2022. Now my tool palettes icons are blank.

Anybody have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Sea-Haven
in reply to: Paul-s

Not sure if it makes any difference but there is a option ICON path in the Config, Files. None of my icons are in a dll.

Another question do you need to remake the dll for 2020.

Message 3 of 12
careyd
in reply to: Sea-Haven

Hi Sea-Haven,

Yeah I copied my dll file to that location and also to the location where acad.exe resides. It still didn't work.

I'm not sure what you mean by "remake the dll for 2020". I created the dll file with ResHacker.exe years ago.

Thanks for responding.

Message 4 of 12
pendean
in reply to: careyd

@careyd wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "remake the dll for 2020". I created the dll file with ResHacker.exe years ago.

You answered it right there, start over with a new DLL. "years back" may be the problem is the initial guess, what you need to test on your own to confirm.

Message 5 of 12
careyd
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

I welcome that suggestion. But there's hundreds of icons. There must be another solution.

If there are no more suggestions/ideas out there I'll just stick with Autocad 2019.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 12
pendean

@Anonymous you could share your DLL here for others to test, dissect, extract, rebuild, if they feel so inclined.
Figure out a way to explain how someone way over here can figure the image names to test.

You can't hide in R2019 for long, licensing expirations and all. Solve it now before you get jammed up.

Message 7 of 12
careyd

Pendean,

I agree with you. Attached is a "zip" file. Forum does not allow a Dll file as an attachment. Zip file contains dll file, one of my palettes and a screen shot of the palette.

Hoping you guys can help.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
Sea-Haven
in reply to: Paul-s

Sorry meant 2022 dll. If your linking libraries then they need to be 2022 versions.

Message 9 of 12
careyd
in reply to: Sea-Haven

How do you do that? How can you link it and make it a dll a 2022 version?

Message 10 of 12
pendean

Thanks for the files: I'm curious why you all take the time to create image overrides for your TP content like that, are the default images the program generates not good enough or missing something you all are adding to them?

pendean_0-1651603871050.png

Message 11 of 12
careyd

Not to age myself. These were created around 15 years ago. Way before ribbons and tool palettes. Those images/icons

executes parametric lisp routines.

Message 12 of 12
pendean

Got it: those are not blocks, but lisp with an image. Thanks for the clarification.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta