Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Status Bar from auto-resizing?

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
keckford
23407 Views, 33 Replies

How to stop Status Bar from auto-resizing?

A new feature of Autocad 2015 is the auto-resizing status bar.  I find it's constantly resizing while I'm drafting, causing the screen to flash white and stutter for a fraction of a second.  This is constant!  Is there a way to disable this Feature?

The problem occurs when the Drawing Coordinates panel (to the left of the Model/Layout tabs on the status bar) gets too big (see image attached), and needs more space.  It auto-expands the status bar to take up two rows.  When the coordinate text gets small enough, it auto-resizes down.  Flashing screen, stutter and all. 

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: keckford

If you right click on any one of the layout tabs you will see an option for "dock above status bar". Select that and it should leave it permanently in the upper position. You can also make sure you have "Lock UI" checked in the pop up menu from the bottom right corner.

Message 3 of 34
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I have (had) the same issue, the only chance I see is to hide the coordinates from the status bar.

That happens when the number of decimal places changes, then the coordinate box get's wider or smaller ... and that sometimes (when to wide) moves that frame one line up and when less decimal places are shown the coordinate frame get's pushed back.

Look to the screenshot to see how to turn the coordinate display off.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hello to all, I use Civil 3D 2017, have same issue. I have tried all of the options above. have my command line floating, however, still have status bar jumping back and forth. is anyone can help with this? thanks, SC
Message 5 of 34
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I have tried all of the options above

Really? When hiding the coordinates from the statusbar it is solved as that is the only field which can grow and shrink (continuously).
It might also be helpful to set the modelspace-/layout-tabs one line higher (right click on one of the tabs to get the option), but hiding the coordinates is the only solution I can see.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous

you are correct. all of the above options works, however, only to keep the status bar " above", I would like to keep it " in line". I keep in line for a while, than system goes jumping back and forth from one option to another. So, I have to dock above status bar, to avoid jumping. Following you second advice. I don't see any option to change the model/layout line higher in right click in my program. Thank you for your help though! 🙂 SC
Message 7 of 34
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> than system goes jumping back and forth from one option to another

Hide the coordinates ...

20160906_2049.png

Hide them and you won't see the lines jumping any more

20160906_2050.png

>> I don't see any option to change the model/layout line higher in right click in my program

That's what I get when right-clicking the current tab ...

20160906_2051.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous

perhaps, I did explain myself properly, trying one more time 🙂 I have done all those options. because non of the options did really worked for me, I have asked for a help. Maybe someone knows how to keep the " inline with status bar", instead of " dock above status bar", and coordinate system was turned off with other unnecessary icons from customization menu. Thank you, SC
Message 9 of 34
dtiemeyer

I have a user experiencing the same issue, even with coordinates turned off and command line floating, the auto-resizing status bar flakes-out for no reason. Did anybody find a way to permanently fix this?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 10 of 34
Anonymous

it keeps resizing anyway.... what then? i have coordinates turned off.

Message 11 of 34
pendean
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous

Better solution.
Thanks.
Message 13 of 34
Topmig

Hi,

For me the best solution was found in:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/dock-inline-with-status-bar-funky-behavior/td-p/5602990

Change the variable STATUSBARAUTOWRAP to OFF.

Message 14 of 34
hencoop

I just had this problem.  I started using a new 4K 32" monitor so naturally it was suspect.  I had started with standard size text which is pretty small even with this large screen.  I used the monitor's app for resizing all text by 125% and things looked about right; however, this introduced the automatic resizing of the status bar which causes the screen to reposition itself.  I could not select grips because they kept moving.  It appears that the problem does have something to do with the coordinates but only as it relates to the attempted resize of their text.  The coordinate text did not actually resize on my system but apparently it tries to and that is why the bar constantly resizes.  I reset my monitor software back to using 100% text size and the status bar resizing stopped... I had coordinates displayed the whole time.  It may be that system adjustments to text size (outside of AutoCAD) are the actual culprit.

Autodesk? can you chack to see if this is a problem with your product?

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 15 of 34
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: hencoop

Hi,

there is a system variable, that might help: STATUSBARAUTOWRAP

Does that help`?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 16 of 34
bugajski81
in reply to: Topmig

Thanks, it fixed mine

Change the variable STATUSBARAUTOWRAP to OFF.

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous

You can use the Lock UI button in the Customization menu in the very bottom right corner. 

Message 18 of 34
hencoop

That will lock things from user actions but it is ignored by AutoCAD's own random resizing of things, e.g. the SSM, The Properties Window, etc.
AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 19 of 34

That worked thanks. Pretty frustrating that this is not resolved in the release version. (Disable the coordinates input window using the three line menu list in the bottom right corner of the workspace.)

Message 20 of 34
cadffm
in reply to: aaron.isberg

Resolve?

Thats not an issue, thats a designed feature! And it is a cool idea, BUT

The only problem is your small monitor/low resolution

or the mass of enabled statusbar content.

(Yes, stupid - but Adesk thinks it is well implemented)

Disable coordinates?

Thats not the solution, this is a workaround.

Turn STATUSBARAUTOWRAP off

another way

RightClick to layout tab, Statusbar always above...

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta