Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save after unloading xref

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
390 Views, 4 Replies

how to save after unloading xref

I have an image xref. Each time I unload it, save the file and then close and reopen the file, it's still there. It seems like the program can't save the status with no xref loaded. How to save the upload status? If I reopen the file, the unload file should not show up. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

XRef loaded/unloaded status should save with the drawing. Is there perhaps a script running on drawing open that reloads all xrefs in the drawing? Does this only happen with one file, or do all xrefs reload when you open a drawing? Does it only affect images, or also dwg-and pdf-xrefs?

Message 3 of 5
chriscowgill7373

Which version of AutoCAD are you on?  Do you have all the recent updates installed?  Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?  I've seen it when the image is a nested xref, it maintains the load state of the parent file (which is why we overlay, not attach).

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Please run AUDIT on the drawing after you have removed the Xref. Then perform the Save, close the file and then reopen.  If the Xref reappears, please share the file(s) with me so I can take a closer look at this for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report