Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to measure duct area from autocadd to excel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
380 Views, 3 Replies

how to measure duct area from autocadd to excel

Any one help me how to measure duct area direct convert autocadd to excel formate

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming i understand your needs, you would first need to create a table.

populate your table with the spatial information you need. see this link for an example of sending hatch area to a table feild: http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2010/02/displaying-the-hatch-area-with-a-field-in-autoca...

Once you have your table set up then you can link this to an excel file :https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoC...

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pendean

Are you using a true duct drawing/creating version of AutoCAD like MEP?
Or are these just a bunch of lines and plines?
Or are these actual blocks?
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Your question is a bit vague. Is it possible to attach a sample drawing and an Excel file that would demonstrate what you are trying to achieve from the drawing?

It is possible to link a table to a spreadsheet using OLE or datalinks.

It is possible to use fields/attributes linked to blocks or polylines to capture ares and then being exported via DATAEXTRACTION.  

Do either of these methods sound like what you are seeking?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta