Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure distance of multiple lines?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2841 Views, 3 Replies

How to measure distance of multiple lines?

Hey guys, I need some help. First of all, English is not my native language. So, I'm sorry for the typing mistakes.

I would like to know if there is a command to add the length of multiple lines if they are selected like in the image. 

I know I can use dist but the project is very big. I just want the total length of what I selected. 

Thank you!

autocad (2).png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to know if there is a command to add the length of multiple lines ....

There are many routines around to do that.  There are probably several in these Forums, particularly in the Customization Forum, but I'm specifically aware of at least two on the Cadalyst CAD Tips site, this one and this other one.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
chriscowgill7373

I use this lisp routine to add lengths.  I wrote it back in 2012

(defun c:addlen (/ ss sslen count len obj vlaobj vlalen len)
(vl-load-com) (setq ss (ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE,LINE,ARC"))) sslen (sslength ss) count 0 len 0 ) ;_ end of setq (while (< count sslen) (setq obj (ssname ss count) vlaobj (vlax-ename->vla-object obj) ) ;_ end of setq (if (= (vla-get-objectname vlaobj) "AcDbArc") (setq vlalen (vla-get-arclength vlaobj)) (setq vlalen (vla-get-length vlaobj)) ) ;_ end of if (setq len (+ vlalen len) count (1+ count) ) ;_ end of setq ) ;_ end of while (rtos len 2 3) ) ;_ end of defun

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 4
imadHabash

Hi,

I suggest to use this add-ins HERE

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta