Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD not working!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
316 Views, 3 Replies

AUTOCAD not working!!!

hi everyone

i just installed AutoCad 2015 on my computer and it opens and runs fine but i can't find where or how to begin a drawing

i can open a new sheet but none of the line tools are there?

PLEASE HELP AS I AM SO SO CLOSE TO JUST DELETING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Jayden

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
swieciakpawel
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

It would really help if You could provide a screenshot presenting Your problem. Then the answer could probably be fast and direct.

obraz.png

This is how AutoCAD 2015 correct start-up window looks like. From The Icon at Top-Left corner You should be able to start new Drawing.

If You're missing "line tools" I'm guessing You cannot see the Ribbon. Could You try the RIBBON command after You've opened the drawing?

Have You imported any settings from previous/other versions of Your AutoCAD?

Perhaps You can try the "Reset Settings to Default" options that You're unable to start new drawing. If that still doesn't help, I'd recommend reinstalling the product.

Kind Regards,
Pawel

Message 3 of 4
imadHabash

HI,

• Ctrl+N for beginning a new drawing.
  • change STARTMODE = 1 this system variable will make start tab enabled and displayed ( you must restart AutoCAD for the Start tab to be displayed ).
  • change MENUBAR = 1  this system variable will display of the menu bar.
  • type RIBBON in commnad line to make it active.

this is the basics and beginning tools that you have to know to start and use AutoCAD.and there is more and more...

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
pendean

Click on the big red A in the top left corner of the program window and select NEW or OPEN.

First day in AutoCAD? Say so, we all started at some point, it helps us better tailor responses for you based on your level of comprehension of the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report