Did you mean: 

How to Flatten a Spiral Staircase

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
623 Views, 3 Replies

How to Flatten a Spiral Staircase

I wanted to know if AutoCAD 2015 had a function that would allow me to take a 3D Spiral Staircase and flatten it?  I need to machine parts for a spiral staircase that I have a 3D model of however in need to get it into a 2D plane so I can machine the parts on my CNC router.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

put your 3D model at the face (Top plan) that you need it then use FLATSHOT commad.it will bring a 2D block of the top plan that you asking for.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

There are a variety of ways this can be done:

Seasoned AutoCAD users of course are familiar with the FLATTEN Command.

But there are others ways of getting this to work.

• VIEWBASE – This command allows you to place various views (even section views) of your AutoCAD model into a paperspace layout. Once there you can change scale and visibility such as hidden, visible, shaded, etc. Use EXPORTLAYOUT to take these views and create a 2D only drawing.
  • FLATSHOT – This command will create a 2D block that represents the edges of 3D objects and inserts it into your drawing. The block can then be exploded for additional changes.
  • SOLPROF – This command will create a 2D version of a 3D solid with the options of creating layers for visible and hidden lines.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta