Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the annoying Power Dimensioning Tab when you select a dimension

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1817 Views, 4 Replies

How to delete the annoying Power Dimensioning Tab when you select a dimension

I already have my Ribbons Tab with Panels already setup.  And in those panels, I already have my dimension commands set up such as _aidimtextmove.

The Power Dimensioning Tab - out of the box -  does not have _aidimtextmove anywhere in its panels.

So when I select a dimension, the annoying Power Dimension Tab pops up and disables all other tabs that you may have created.  This is annoying. 

You see, to move dimension text with leader (which is: _aidimtextmove with an auto setting of 1), I am not able to select the command because it is no where found in this Power Dimensioning Panel.  I have it in my own dimensioning panel I created, but I can’t select it. 

So to get rid of the "Power Dimensioning Tab" pop-up after just selection any dimension, read the attached document.  It's simple when you go into CUI to make this change. 

In the CUI, under Ribbon > Contextual Tab States > Dimension Selected , Remove “Power Dimension Single Selection”.

Yes I suppose I could customize my Power Dimensioning Tab to include more dimensioning commands.  It's a matter of preference.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> The Power Dimensioning Tab [...]

You landed in the wrong forum, here we work on plain AutoCAD (Vanilla), you speak about AutoCAD Mechanical ... the forum for AutoCAD Mechanical is >>>there<<<.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Vanilla or Mechanical or whatever, I purposely went to a Vanilla forum because this hits everyone whenever one day we are all forced to use Ribbons when Toolbars goes away.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> went to a Vanilla forum because this hits everyone whenever one day we are all forced to use Ribbons

Sorry, "Power Dimensioning" does not hit everyone, only those using Mechanical.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Really?  I didnt know that. Thanks.  I assumed Power Dimensioning was a new addition to Vanilla a long time ago.  Shows the last time i went on Vanilla.

PS - I don't like Power Dimensioning as it is not attached to my current DimStyle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report