1869 Views, 6 Replies

How to curve this 3D object?

Untitled.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

i doubt that AutoCAD have the ability for such an issue and as you asked,maybe another software like (Inventor) could do it. my advice for you is to proceed immediately to draw it from scratch..

Good Luck..

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Patchy

Try this APP

I tried it before on new Autocad and it works on sphere but I'm can't test it on 3d curve because my Autocad is an older version now.

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=5135633357254081302&appLang=en&os=Win32_64&autostar...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

i cant find how to use this app,i have autocad 2016.. help me please

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

That is a very tight radius for such a door section. I would approach drawing it the same way I would construct it. First, analyze what parts are cruved or not. For instance, the stiles are not likely going to be curved. So, I would place them at then ends of the curve to see what elements will need to be curved.

Next, I would sweep a closed profile along the radius for the bottom rail. Similarly you can do the top but it might take quite a bit of work to sweep the several profiles necessary for the pattern.

Again, I question how this would be built for real and would follow the same approach in your drawing.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 7
parkr4st
in reply to: john.vellek

using autoCad 2017

attached may be close on the rails and stiles

are those ridge or grooves for the detail?

the panel detail is ridges or grooves?

dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report