Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Page Layout (paperspace) Annotation Scale

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jordanlatta
293 Views, 2 Replies

How to change Page Layout (paperspace) Annotation Scale

I work for a firm that uses template files with an annotative scale of 1'-0" = 1'-0" for new page layouts.

I believe the AutoCAD default is 1:1 for new layouts.

How do I change the annotative scale in an existing page layout to make these two files the same? (see images).

This gets annoying when copy-pasting annotative objects from one file's layout to another file, and it doesn't show up because the annotation scale is different for the layout itself.

I realize I could change the properties of each and every object I copy to be non-annotative before pasting to another layout... but that's a time consuming solution.

If the answer is "you can't" then I'll probably submit a feature request.

I'm using AutoCAD 2023, if that matters.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jordanlatta

Greetings @jordanlatta 

The feature you are pointing to requires you to select a viewport outline first, no "feature request" needed-

pendean_0-1678714279014.png

pendean_1-1678714345256.png

There is no "page" setting, viewports are individual in AutoCAD, and are individually set.

If you meant to fix something else, you'll need to elaborate with more details and screenshots with more information.

Message 3 of 3
clindner
in reply to: jordanlatta

@jordanlatta,

I've experienced this issue as well. It is not a viewport scale, as many assume it is at first glance. 

As you've experienced, the annotation scale of a paper space layout can indeed change (somehow) and is impossible (at least directly) to change back. Why that's even possible is beyond me.

I posted about in this thread a few years ago. It's marked as "solved" in the thread, but the solution is basically a "workaround", not a true "fix". 

FWIW, here's another related thread about this issue. And another in which I was searching for a programmatic fix.

HTH.

Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Chris Lindner
CAD Technology Consultant @ onebuttoncad.com
AUGI Board of Directors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta