Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i select individual lines in an Xreference?

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
7077 Views, 22 Replies

How do i select individual lines in an Xreference?

Why the heck do the creators of autocad think highlighting the whole xref as a block is helpful? I want to be able to select individual lines like in Microstation.  Is this possible? 

Labels (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Autocadsucks
in reply to: Anonymous

thats how to edit an xref, they are referring to how when you click an xref in microstation, it highlights only the selected line, and not uselessly selects the whole xref like autocad does. Autocad tried but Ncopy works half the time. please go use microstation for a week, youll be amazed! autocad still hasnt fixed simple stuff in 20 years

Message 22 of 23
wgngatorRP6ZT
in reply to: LyleHardin

I'll reply to the what is he trying to do, and why he is so frustrated.  I am working on a project with a huge survey attached to the drawing I'm working in.  I want to use the back of curb in that survey drawing as my Baseline. It is well over a mile long. If I could just select that entity in the Xref and copy it into my drawing, it would save me immense time and effort in developing the baseline alignment for the project. I don't want to copy the entire survey into my clean drawing I'm working in, just the back of curb line. Why should that be so difficult?

Message 23 of 23
RobRocks
in reply to: wgngatorRP6ZT

@wgngatorRP6ZT wrote:

If I could just select that entity in the Xref and copy it into my drawing, Why should that be so difficult?

NCopy is pretty easy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta