Did you mean: 

How can I scale a block by reference length in one axis only

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
oneMSN
613 Views, 3 Replies

How can I scale a block by reference length in one axis only

I want to scale a block by two different scale factors ScaleFactorX and ScaleFactorY

The properties dialog for a block does not have enough precision for what I need. 

Basically I have a block which is 297x420  and I wish to scale it to exactly 210x297

I used SCALE by Reference length but this scales the block uniformly and makes one of the lengths wrong.  I scaled by X and now Y is wrong. 

Is there any way to scale a block by reference length in a single axis only?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: oneMSN

Hi,

>> The properties dialog for a block does not have enough precision for what I need

May I ask why you think entering a value in the property dialog is not accurate enough?

Whatever value you enter e.g. as Scale-X the exact number of decimal places will be used.

If you think that the property window does not show enough number of decimal places then please understand that is a display, not the value AutoCAD is working with.

If you set in the _UNITS dialog to only show 2 decimal places (and so the property window also only show 2 decimal places) then enter 1.275 as scale factor ==> the block will use 1.275 as scale-factor, even if it shows 1.28 in the property windows.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
oneMSN
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

ok, my bad.

I must have made a typo when I used the calculator tool.

Apologies

It all works as it should.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: oneMSN

Hi,

>> It all works as it should.

That sounds great! ;))

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report