Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Customizing Ribbon Tabs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
233 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Customizing Ribbon Tabs

I'm using Autocad 2016 Mechanical and I'm having trouble creating a custom tab / ribbon. I've opened CUI, created a new ribbon tab, created 2 new ribbon panels and drag/dropped them into my ribbon tab. I drag/dropped my ribbon tab into my workspace and selected "customize workspace" and checked the tab I created to be displayed. It is still not appearing at the top of my AutoCAD workspace. In the same way that you would click, "Home" and then "Line" I want to be able to click "FE Commands" and select a lisp command from my Ribbon Panel. Could someone explain to me what step I am missing? I'll include pictures, the first shows I have created the Ribbon Tab and Ribbon Panels. The second picture shows the Ribbon Tab is listed in my Mechanical Defaul (Current) Workspace. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

Im kinda green with the ribbon and had issues setting mine up but i finaly got it off the ground. did you add the panel and tab to the ribbon display? if you right click on a blank ribbon space you can see which panels or tabs are shown.

rightclick to add panel.png

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

I figured it out! I had to refresh the ribbons. I had exited autocad 2 or 3 times but they never actually "refreshed". I changed from Mechanical to 3d and back to mechanical and the ribbon tab appeared! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report