ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

HATCHING

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
264 Views, 4 Replies

HATCHING

i generated a 2D section plane of my 3D object, and now i want to create some hatches areas in my 2D section. And AutoCAD throw me this message

Sin tĆ­tulo.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have the ability right now to open the drawing, but the error message is just stating the area you want to hatch is not completely closed.  I can tell from the screenshot that the curve on the left overlaps the lineworkon the top if that is the area you are attempting to hatch.  This would need to be fixed before internal point can be used for hatching.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
ara_neresesian

HI

You have  lot of line over each other ,try to clean and leave just one closed  polyline, increase gap distance (more than 0 )in hatch option.

You have combination of surface and solid ,try to make all objects solid.

if you are using section plan you have to use it in solid way ,

the hammering side and handle cover  are not solid, its a surface  ,change it to solid, by drawing a closed (your 2d polyline was open) 2d section and revolve it.

GOOD LUCK 

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question

Message 4 of 5
dunnamin

It can also happen simply because part of what needs to be hatched is off-screen. I think there's an option in v2018 to allow it to search off-screen also, but don't quote me on that one.

Radical solution: draw everything with closed polylines and hatch by object. Off-screen and overlaps are now unimportant and closed polylines have no gaps.

Message 5 of 5
neaton

How did you create your section view? I created a section plane then used FLATSHOT to create section views with and without hidden lines and had no problem hatching the different areas of the hammer.

Nancy

@Anonymous wrote:

i generated a 2D section plane of my 3D object, and now i want to create some hatches areas in my 2D section. And AutoCAD throw me this message

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta