Did you mean: 

Hatch Problem

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Thermeco-Cad
8000 Views, 18 Replies

Hatch Problem

I simply had enough about having stupid problem with simple hatching!!!!

I've tried to hatch "solid pattern" of the attached file in different versions 2014 to 2018 but all have the same problem.

looking forward to hearing from you guys soon

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
user181
in reply to: Thermeco-Cad

Hi @Thermeco-Cad, how are you trying to hatch this? I had no problem with solid hatch. I use HATCH command and then on the left side of ribbon I select pick points and pick a point inside the object and it creates it with no problem.

pickpointhatch.png

EESignature

Message 3 of 19
Thermeco-Cad
in reply to: user181

Thanks For your reply,

May I trouble you to try this one too?

Message 4 of 19
user181

I had trouble with that one. Even though all objects z elevation is zero is used the FLATTEN command and selected all object and choose no for removing hidden lines. Then I was able to hatch it. 

EESignature

Message 5 of 19

Hi @Thermeco-Cad

Should not be ellipses.

Serkan ÇAVUŞLAR
CplCAD / Türkiye
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 19
TheCADnoob

I was able to hatch by changing elipse type and redrawing them. if you switch to poly-line ellipses there is not as much problems though they are arguable an inferior ellipse. PELLIPSE. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoC...

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 7 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Thermeco-Cad

You got some great help in  this thread!

Please reward the post that worked with a Kudos and please also mark a post or posts as Accepted Solution(s) that resolved the issue.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 19
Thermeco-Cad
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Thanks for your reply and solution,

I've changed the system variable but please tell me how can I change the existing ellipse to Polyline Ellipse (changing the object type from Ellipse to 2D Polyline)? 

Message 9 of 19
Thermeco-Cad
in reply to: john.vellek

People are helping and many thanks to them.

But for Autodesk I believe it's a bug in software which cannot hatch when there is an Ellipse interfere.

Message 10 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Thermeco-Cad,

AutoCAD does struggle sometimes with difficult (math-heavy) objects such as Ellipses or SPLINE boundaries.

To change the type of ellipse that is drawn you can use the PELLIPSE variable.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 11 of 19
Thermeco-Cad

Thanks for your reply,

I understand that, but to me the solution is so simple.

Whenever on the hatch boundaries there was an Ellipse then change that Ellipse to Polyline Ellipse so it can be hatched.

Also, can you please tell me how to apply PELLIPSE variable to an existing object?

@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @Thermeco-Cad,

AutoCAD does struggle sometimes with difficult (math-heavy) objects such as Ellipses or SPLINE boundaries.

To change the type of ellipse that is drawn you can use the PELLIPSE variable.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 12 of 19
john.vellek

HI @Thermeco-Cad,

The variable only toggles the type of Ellipse being created so you would have to create a new one and replace the existing one.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 19
Thermeco-Cad

Thanks for your reply,

I know that,  just was hoping for a way to turn the existing Ellipse to the Polyline type, like mach properties...

Message 14 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Thermeco-Cad,

You might check the customization forum to see if someone has  created a routine that could change from one to the other. I can't imagine that it would be that hard to write the code.

There might even be a tool in the Autodesk App Store that can help.

John Vellek

Message 15 of 19
Thermeco-Cad

Many thanks for your help John,

Message 16 of 19
Mark_C_123

You can hatch it with a dashed and it should look correct.

Then ''recreate'' a polyline around using the hatch pattern and then change to a solid pattern. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

Looking at your image, I notice these possibililities:

1)If the entire closed boundary is not visible on screen during hatch, you will get messages of no closed boundary.  If this is the case, you will need to use Charles' second suggestion (add non-plotting boundary lines to divide the complex boundary into smaller areas, instead of hatching the whole boundary at once.

2)If you have overlapping lines (think rectangles next to one another, one atop another), the duplicate lines may confuse the boundary analysis. If so, try overkill.

3)moving the orgin can sometimes help.  Using a less dense hatch pattern as a start can often trick the boundary into a less detailed closure analysis.

4)The elevation of the boundary lines is important.  If some lines have an elevated z, it might be hard to spot a gap.  Flatten can help.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

Big areas with heavy math entities (Splines and Ellipses come to mind Smiley Wink) always slow down the process and cause issues. Poly lines with curves as noted above as well.

Message 19 of 19
Anonymous

It just seems so that us, Windows users are well trained to try and resolve all kinds of software imperfections, bugs and mistakes. It is almost like it is a rule - in order to use software and the operating system itself, one has to be prepared to jump trough hoops to make it work right.

AutoCAD was not able to perfect or fix HATCHING for over 20 years. This problem is ongoing trough all the versions of ACAD and yet people will rather try and find a solution or go way out of their way to make it work instead of demanding that Autodesk fixes this problem.

If we have to spend time and effort on a simple HATCH in order to make it work right, than in my opinion it is a faulty tool and should have been fixed years ago.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report