Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation Map Data Version Upgrade

56 REPLIES 56
Message 1 of 57
criders
13123 Views, 56 Replies

Geolocation Map Data Version Upgrade

On June 30th, 2017, Microsoft® is ending support for version 7 of Bing® Maps.

In order to insure uninterrupted use of the Geolocation Map Data feature, you will have to upgrade your version of Bing Maps to version 8. To help you do this, we have created a hotfix which will automatically upgrade your Bing Maps version. That hotfix can be found here.

This Hotfix applies to all 32-bit and 64-bit publicly released versions of the following products (including Service Packs and Updates):

• Autodesk AutoCAD 2015, Autodesk AutoCAD LT® 2015, and Autodesk AutoCAD 2015-based vertical products
  • Autodesk AutoCAD 2016, Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2016, and Autodesk AutoCAD 2016-based vertical products
  • Autodesk AutoCAD 2017, Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2017, and Autodesk AutoCAD 2017-based vertical products
  • Autodesk AutoCAD 2018, Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2018, and Autodesk AutoCAD 2018-based vertical products

Users on AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD LT 2014, and AutoCAD 2014-based vertical products will have to upgrade their AutoCAD version in order to continue using the Geolocation Map Data feature. More data on the deprecation of Online Map Data in 2014 products can be found here.

If you have any issues with the upgrade or have any questions about the installer, please let us know.

Scott Crider or Criders

Product Manager- AutoCAD Platform

56 REPLIES 56
Message 21 of 57
AdaZhu
in reply to: jggerth

Dear customer,

I am Map QA.  We are looking at your issue. Could you provide your test data? It could help us reproduce your issue.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Ada

Message 22 of 57
jggerth
in reply to: AdaZhu

I've tried with empty drawings, set to Florida North NAD83 Ft using Civil3d.  I can xref in a vector dwg so I know where i am, but trying to use GeoMaps is a complete bust.  

Message 23 of 57
jggerth

FWIW -- Corporate deployment of C3d 2017 2017 includes Vehicle Tracking and Raster Design.

About tells me:    Product version 11.0.771.0 Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2017 SP1.1

Message 24 of 57
AdaZhu

Dear customer,

Sorry,  I am confused.

The issue you reported in previous post is  MAPIINSERT (at least for SIDs) is broken. Do you still have this issue? If yes, please provide the detailed steps, the sid file you use, and the software you have this issue.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Ada

Message 25 of 57
jggerth

Well, this morning it appears to work properly on C3D 2016.

Random issues logging in to A360 from within C3D 2016 (popup message saying Service not available) but restarting C3D seems to work around that.  I was able to run Geomaps successfully, and still insert a higher resolution SID file using MAPIINSERT.

Nothing changed at this end I'm aware of 

Message 26 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: criders

2017-06-30_10-15-20.jpg

Installed hotfix as described and got the message that it was successfully applied to both 2016/2018 AutoCAD LT, but now get this message.

This account settings link does nothing but show me my login info, though going onto my Account page it says this access is free.

2017-06-30_10-20-06.jpg

Will submit to request a call back within 48 hours on Independence day weekend but would really help if someone could point me somewhere sooner. Hoping to not be dead in the water come Monday. 

I know I shouldn't wait to patch until last minute but Autodesk doesn't like to patch over vpn usually so I have to drive into my regional office.

Tags (2)
Message 27 of 57
gotphish001
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous  Mine has done that before and if you log out and log back in of all the autodesk products it used to fix it. Today I did that 5 times and it didn't work. I got past the screen you showed but it then said "maps unavailable" on the geo pop up. 

I found this fix this afternoon and it fixed it first try. Here's the link to the autodesk forum that explains it. Follow the directions in the green solution reply. It's from autocad civil forums, but it worked in autocad architecture for me.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/autodesk-360-sign-in-from-civil-3d-not-working/m-p/5273783/highlight/true#M258019

To the autodesk people. When is it going to get fixed where I need to log out and in a bunch of times to get maps to work 30% of the time I try to use them?  It's super annoying to waste 30 minutes trying to get a feature to work. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: gotphish001

@gotphish001 Appreciate the effort, tried both logging out and logging in as well as renaming that file... still down for the count. Go figure this is the afternoon the powers that be start pushing for deadlines for submission. might have to spend the weekend working to import google maps at this point as we use Aerial photography for our basemaps.

Message 29 of 57
tahir.mavric
in reply to: criders

Thank you for the information! 

Message 30 of 57
Anonymous

Thanks for reply.

I have tried method that you have suggested. However, problem hasn't solved. After opening GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION in AutoCAD software , it always shows to update hotfix.

I have installed Hotfix many times. But still I am unable to open GEOGRAPHIC MAPS.

Kindly, suggest me another method.

Thanks.

autocad error.png

- Bhavyajit

Message 31 of 57
gotphish001

Not sure if you got this working. I had the same problem that the "account settings" link on the you don't have access to maps pop didn't work. You need to go into options and change the pop up settings to allow it to ask you if you want to allow maps again. Once upon a time you probably clicked the box that says "don't show this pop up again" after the hotfix you need to tell it to allow maps again but you can't because you told the box not to ask you any more. DOH!

See pic below. Go into hidden and click the box to make the pop up show up again. I think I had to restart autocad and then try maps. It then asked me if I wanted to allow maps when I tried to use them. This time I didn't click the don't show again option. It asks me every time now on the initial use of maps in a drawing, but it has been working without needing to screw around with it anymore. It's only 1 extra click to start the maps, so not too bad.  @Anonymous

Capture.JPG

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 32 of 57
Anonymous

Untitled.jpg

this is my problem ,please help me ,thank you

Message 33 of 57
AllenJessup

Have you installed the hotfix mentioned at the top of the thread?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Troubl...

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 34 of 57
gotphish001

It looks like the map is working but your internet connection is having a hiccup. Does it eventually clear up if you let it sit a minute? I think with all the other problems people are having in this thread, once they get as far as it looks like you are it works fine. Did it just start doing this problem or is this the first time you tried to use it?

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 35 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

thank you very much

Message 36 of 57
Anonymous

thank you 

internet is ok i already test it 

Message 37 of 57
Anonymous

Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpg

you can see both from google is very clear but from autocad is not clear

Message 38 of 57
AllenJessup

I've been trying to access bing maps but can't connect at all. I know it was Google that pushed Autodesk to bing. But at this point bing is pretty useless. I'm lucky. I don't ever use them but I had hoped to help in your case.

GLM3.PNG

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 39 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

thank you, how can i do for this issue??? 

Message 40 of 57
AllenJessup

I don't know. I can't get passed it.

See: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/access-to-online-maps-denied/m-p/7326575/highl...

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta