Did you mean: 

Finding problem in converting to pdf

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
298 Views, 3 Replies

Finding problem in converting to pdf

Hello Friends,

I exported my sheet from Revit to Autocad, It happened well as I have to add some colors in wall and at the site. I did this as Revit doesn't allow this feature.

I am trying to convert that dwg file to pdf, but after following the steps I cannot convert it in A1 size as The image in pdf file looks too small that no one can see it properly after zooming.

Can anyone help me why I am having such issue? It's urgent I have to send that pdf before Monday!

Attaching the pdf that I am getting!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I am trying to convert that dwg file to pdf

Create a layout and run _PLOT using "DWG to PDF.pc3" as driver. That gives you full control about page sizes for your PDF (which can't be defined using _EXPORTPDF).

At least you have some objects far away from each other, so that's the reason why they are so small ... to fit on a PDF page.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

One more thing can I change all the colors that I am getting after
converting from rvt to dwg.
It's so annoying I need my pdf in black lines and text only... No any other
colour
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

did my first suggestion work?

>> I need my pdf in black lines and text only... No any other colour

Use first command _SETBYLAYER to convert all properties to bylayer (you can use option _SETTINGS to only convert colors to "bylayer").

Within the layermanager you can then assign color 7 (black/white), so ready to be printed in black.

If something is not converted then we need the drawing to see which objects are not working with that suggestion.

- alfred -

PS: please create a new thread for new question as e.g. this question now does not have anything to do with the original title, so future readers would not find these questions/suggestions.

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta