Did you mean: 

Export DWG file to Google Earth map

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
8971 Views, 4 Replies

Export DWG file to Google Earth map

How to export a DWG file (from AutoCAD 2018) to Google Earth Map (KML format)? I tried using a solution from Google search using MAPEXPORT function. When I type MAPEXPORT command in the AutoCAD dialog box it returns with nothing except displaying 'unknown command'. Please help me to solve this issue. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

The command MAPEXPORT is available only in "AutoCAD MAP3D". I guess you are using plain "AutoCAD" so that's why it's returning as "unknown commmand" 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
imadHabash

Hi,

It's available in AutoCAD Civil 3D and as described here . >> Click << 

Message 4 of 5
Michiel.Valcke

Hey,

As mentioned before, the MAPEXPORT command is native to AutoCAD MAP 3D, if you have a license for a full AutoCAD, then you can also download and install AutoCAD MAP 3D with that same license. The MAP 3D functionalities are also available in Civil 3D.

If you can share your drawing, then mabye we can help you along until you get access to the necessary software.
Message 5 of 5
Ludwig.bartminn

Solution:

export 3D CAD model to .DXF (AUTOCAD 2013) format

Import DXF file to Blender (free Software)

In Blender export file as .dae

In Google Earth click Import Model 

select .dae file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report