exploding Blocks crashing AutoCAD

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ
2584 Views, 17 Replies

exploding Blocks crashing AutoCAD

Hi Everyone

I have a drawing created in ShipConstructor (by someone else) and I need to modify a part.  I therefore need to explode it but it keeps crashing my system.  I have attached the part in question.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Patchy
in reply to: jeastmanGKPDZ

This is all I can see, but it exploded OK

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks but you are not seeing it all.  I have looked further and there are proxy objects in there.  That seems to be the real problem.  Because I have the object enabler, I see the whole thing - but I can't explode it and exporttoautocad does not work either.

Cheers,

Message 4 of 18
Patchy

Ask the sender to send you the dxf

You can also use BOUNDARY command and get the same drawing.

Message 5 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ

Hi

The Boundary command, like explode causes AutoCAD to crash.  It's a real pain and I do not have the option to go back to the originator of the file.

I might print it to pdf and then convert the pdf back to AutoCAD.  It's a pain but I am running out of options.

Message 6 of 18
Patchy

Does FLATTEN command crashes it?

Message 7 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ

I tried flatten but after watching the wheel spin for 10 minutes, I crashed it myself to start over.

Message 8 of 18
Patchy

Last one ☺ try BURST

Message 9 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ

Hi

I tried Burst but it says 0 objects so it does not even see it.  I have written ShipConstructor as well but they have not responded yet.  It's frustrating because their help site requires one to create a Microsoft account to even get into their forums.

Message 10 of 18
Patchy

What if when the drawing opened, you dxfout to earlier version, then make a new drawing and DXFIN?

Message 11 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ

Thanks but I get the same error.  I should state that it gives me this before crashing:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d736h Exception at fd44a06dh

cheers,

Message 12 of 18
Patchy

Is this something happens recently ? A few posts here said Windows Updates crashed their Autocad.

If that's the case, you can Reset your Autocad back to Default as when it was installed.

Message 13 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ

It only happens when working with this file.

Message 14 of 18
Patchy

One more try, make a new drawing, drag this bad drawing into the drawing area so it works like an insert a block then Explode it a couple times. Use a big dynamite ☺

Message 15 of 18
jeastmanGKPDZ

hey

I am unable to copy to clipboard.

Message 16 of 18
john.vellek

Hi @jeastmanGKPDZ,

I went to the ShipConstructor site and looked for an OE but the newest one goes back to 2016.

When I tried to open the file it produced a message indicating that it was a newer version than that so I am stuck on this.  ShipConstructor does offer trial versions of their software.  It might be worth a download to see if you can export it cleanly.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 17 of 18
john.vellek

Hi @jeastmanGKPDZ,

Did you try go to the application developers site for a trial?  You could also post to their support group to see if you can get some help.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 18 of 18

I had the dreaded north arrow sets viewport back to origin. - a block that get corrupt that assigns the north direction in a viewport. sometimes it gets corrupt and usually explode resolves this. What I did was explode the block - it crashed - use recover (hopefully you can) and when I opened the recover, it was exploded. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta