Did you mean: 

Explode Scale modified Block in AutoCAD

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3247 Views, 9 Replies

Explode Scale modified Block in AutoCAD

I modified scale of a 3d block to be different in different axes, now I am happy with the result, but I want to do some modifications and I want to explode the block, AutoCAD telling me is it can be exploded.

BTW: the properties of the block in the block editor Yes in allowed exploding.

Hamno 

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I modified scale of a 3d block to be different in different axes, now I am happy with the result, but I want to do some modifications and I want to explode the block, AutoCAD telling me is it can be exploded.

BTW: the properties of the block in the block editor Yes in allowed exploding.

Hamno 

Post your drawing.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

AutoCAD will not allow you to explode a non-uniformly scaled block.

Use BEDIT to edit the block definition to redefine the block, or use the non-uniform block as a template and build over it.

You can ask over at the LISP forum to see if anyone has a programmatic solution.  

Message 4 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

AutoCAD will not allow you to explode a non-uniformly scaled block.

That's not true as a general statement -- it lets me, even with a 3D Block with different scales in all three directions, if it's made up of more ordinary pieces [in the case of my test, Lines].  But it won't allow it if the content of the Block includes 3D Solids [and perhaps there are other things that would be disallowed].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

That's not true as a general statement -- it lets me, even with a 3D Block with different scales in all three directions, if it's made up of more ordinary pieces [in the case of my test, Lines].  But it won't allow it if the content of the Block includes 3D Solids [and perhaps there are other things that would be disallowed].

Well I'll be.  I've been using AutoCAD since 1984 and it would never let me explode non-uniformly scaled blocks regardless of content.   I know it didn't work in 2002 and I guess I've never tried since.  But now it does, wonder when that changed?  I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Message 6 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I believe version 2004 or 2006 allowed the exploding of non-uniform blocks. This still isn't possible though if the blocks consist of 3d solid objects.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

And that's probably why I never noticed you could explode a non-uniformly scaled block, I haven't drawn a 2D block (other than annotation blocks) since the mid 90's.

Message 8 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

The block contains 3d Solid, I wanted to change the height of it with out changing other two dimensions, So I recreate the whole thing. thanks for your replies.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

You could redefine the block via BEDIT.  BEDIT allows you to select the block by name from a list.

REFEDIT requires you to select the block and edit in place (which it won't do for non-uniformly scaled blocks, even without 3dsolids, I checked this time)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report