Did you mean: 

Excel DataLink in AutoCAD without Borders

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2064 Views, 4 Replies

Excel DataLink in AutoCAD without Borders

Is there a way to only keep the text from excel, I do not want the table borders being displayed.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community! 

Yes, you can use datalink and not have any borders when you produce your output.

When you create your data link, make sure that under the Cell Format options that you indicate that you do not want to retain formatting on updating.

Capture.PNG

Then, in AutoCAD, create a Table Style that has no borders. Apply this to the table that is created from the Datalink.

Capture2.PNG

You will see the table cells with lines but they are only indicators and the lines will not print.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
TheCADnoob

are you just wanting the words or are you wanting the table format and just not the lines. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @john.vellek,

I am in a similar situation as the original poster of this thread, using Civil 3D 2021.

When I have my Datalinks set to "Start with Excel formatting, do not update", the linked Tables will be properly set to my liking, but they will revert to DISPLAY as the Standard Style when the drawing is reopened and the Datalinks are updated. I have created unique styles for each of my Datalinks, and each Table will remain listed in it's respective style, but the display will revert to Standard Style.

I have tried "Keep table updated to Excel formatting", and using the unique styles for each Datalink in the formatting I desire, but they are overridden as well with displaying the Standard Style, and will remain listed in it's respective style still. 

Third option is "Keep table updated to Excel formatting" and formatting my linked Excel Document to the formatting I desire, but the cell heights and borders to not retain the formatting that was done in Excel when the tables are in CAD. 

It seems like the first option is the way to go on this one, as it is what you listed as a fix for the original poster, but please let me know if there is a caveat that I need to keep in mind in accomplishing this to mitigate the changes that occur when the drawing is reopened and the Datalinks are updated.

Thanks, 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report