Did you mean: 

EDITING BLOCKS

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1417 Views, 11 Replies

EDITING BLOCKS

Hai everybody... i have a doubt in editng blocks...i have similar blocks with minor changes so i want make changes only to the few blocks...but if i do any changes in one block it's get updated in all the blocks...i tried exploding the block..but i can't explode...

so pls tell me if there is any way to make minor changes in only few blocks without updating the other blocks.

pls help meee.......i hope u guys will help me.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> i tried exploding the block..but i can't explode... <<

this because you have to enable exploding from block definition (see attached image)  

bbb.png

>> so pls tell me if there is any way to make minor changes in only few blocks without updating the other blocks. <<

I suggest to replace those blocks with the new one.

Good Luck..

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

For your statement "i tried exploding the block..but i can't explode" please refer to my screencast attached.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Glen

Message 4 of 12
Vinayv4v

Hi,

Since you have not checked allow exploding option when creating the block it cannot be exploded.

You have modification in the block at some places. So why not create a new block using NCOPY to bring the modifications from the existing block.

See the attached screencast for using NCOPY.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Vinayv4v

thank you so much for your fast rlpy guys.....thanks a lot.....

Message 6 of 12
Slawomir_

Insted of exploding blocks use BURST command. Properties of block will retain. As far as i know, change in one block affects all of it's type.

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 12
beyoungjr

I'm sure that the screencasts helped you to explode your block/s but also remember that you can simply open the block in the block editor and use "Save Block As" under the "Open/Save" panel.  You will get a new block that will be available for insertion.

The block you selected to edit will not be changed so you would have to delete that instance of the block and replace it with the new one in the list, if it was already in position.

Cheers!

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 8 of 12
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

Hai everybody... i have a doubt in editng blocks...i have similar blocks with minor changes so i want make changes only to the few blocks.....i tried exploding the block..but i can't explode...

[The word you want is "question" rather than "doubt" -- there must be some translation software out there that uses "doubt" for whatever the word is in whatever language it's coming from, because I see that often here.]

In case it was hard to tell in @Anonymous's screencast [because the blowup of the steps on the left overlays what you need to see], when you are in the Block editor, the Properties Box has an "Allow exploding" slot in it, in which you can change a Block definition that was originally defined not to allow it, so that you can Explode it.

Depending on the kinds of differences you are talking about, you may also be able to do this with a dynamic Block definition, in which the parts that would differ are the dynamic parts.  That way, they could all be un-Exploded insertions of the same Block, but still have differences.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: beyoungjr

an ancient old lisp function for replacing selected blocks with another selected block:

(defun c:REPLS (/ ENT1 BL1 bl2 OLD ODNM)
(command "undo" "begin")
 (prompt "\nSelect Replacement Block: ")
 (setq bl2 (cdr (assoc 2 (entget (car (entsel))))))
 (prompt "Select blocks to replace: ")
 (setq ENT1 (ssget))
 (setq N (sslength ENT1))
 (setq I 0)
 (repeat N
  (setq BL1 (entget (ssname ENT1 I)))
  (setq NWNM (cons 2 bl2))
  (setq OLD (assoc 2 BL1))
  (setq ODNM (cdr OLD))
  (entmod (subst NWNM OLD BL1))
  (setq I (1+ I))
 )
(command "undo" "end")
 (princ)
)

Once you've created the new block use the function above to replace those you wish to match the new definition.  If you've added/altered attributes, you must ATTSYNC the block after replacement.

Message 10 of 12
jayhar

https://youtu.be/sYkknrq1O_E

I think i can help with this video, & visit this page.

https://www.facebook.com/autocadtest/

Thank you
Jayhar.M.J
Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 11 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

You received a lot of good ideas here. Did you try them to resolve your block editing issue? Did one or more fix the problem? Please add a post with the status of your issue.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Respected

I have rectangular block and I want to make a curved rectangular, you can see the picture.... How to do that in Autocad 2014 with block editor or some

other better idea.

Thank you.

picture.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta