Did you mean: 

Edit Standard Layout in a new Drawing File

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
685 Views, 3 Replies

Edit Standard Layout in a new Drawing File

When you open a new drawing file there are Layout 1 and Layout 2 as Standard.

Is ist possible to change these Layouts or to set a new Layout as Standard so that the new Standard-Layout, which i have changed, is allway in a new drawing file availabel?

Thanks for the answers.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Yes that's possible. Type in the command "QNEW" and select the standard template which you have. Here onwards whenever you click on new drawing the drawing will be using the standard template which you chose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
imadHabash

Hi,

Yes it's possible ... you can make your own template by many ways , try SAVE AS your modified current and opened CAD dwg file to .dwt save type file . save it in your template folder location ( Ctrl+N ) . now and after start your template by Qnew / Ctrl+N commands you will get it always in every starting new drawing. 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
dominique.spicher

Hey @Anonymous 

I see that you already got some answers regarding your question. I am glad that the community was able to provide a quick solution for you. Thank you @vinodkl  and @imadHabash for your fast replies 👍

Just as a small addition, here would be the link to our online documentation with its additional links to connected topics.

The latter link contains a bit of a more generic information as to what is usually defined in drawing templates, if you are thinking about adding more information to your template then just the layouts.

Cheers,

Dominique

Ihr fandet einen Beitrag hilfreich? Dann vergebt dafür Likes!
Eure Anfrage wurde erfolgreich gelöst? Dann einfach auf den 'Als Lösung akzeptieren'-Button klicken!

Dominique Spicher
Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta