Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't insert a PDF file into AutoCad 2016 drawing.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
6037 Views, 13 Replies

I can't insert a PDF file into AutoCad 2016 drawing.

Hi,

I can't seem to insert a PDF file into AutoCad drawing. Resently I upgraded to Windows 10. I'm thinking it may be the problem becasue I've never had a problem before the upgrade. When I try to insert the file it freezes autocad. I thought at first it was the file, so I sent it to another co-worker. My co-worker was able to insert the file on his Mac without any problems. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how do I fix the the problem?

Thanks,

Melissa

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Melissa,

thanks for posting your question to the A360 Drive forum. It sounds like you are looking for the AutoCAD Team, so I'll move your message for you.

Hope this helps.

Bud
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 14
pendean

Did you install the SP1 patch for 2016 after moving to Win10? It may help.

Did you really need to move to Win10? I'd roll back and let others be the test dummies for it, get Win10 with your next new PC and next version of AutoCAD 🙂
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I tried installing the SP1 patch, and got a message that my AutoCad is up to date with the latest version. It still doesn't work. I guess I will have to go back to Windows 8.1....sigh. I'm really enjoying Windows 10. Anyways thanks for your help 🙂

Message 5 of 14
leothebuilder

You could try converting the PDF to an image file and insert that image

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

It worked!!! Thank You!!... I converted the pdf into an image file, and was able to insert into CAD......Happy Dance 😄

Message 7 of 14
leothebuilder

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Hi,

I've got the same problem but working on windows 7. Everytime I try to import a PDF file or DWF file I get a message saying the file is either corrupt, out of date or not of decent quality. So I've done a test and plotted a drawing to PDF with AutoCAD and tried to insert/attach and got the same message. Any advice?

Message 9 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Everytime I try to import a PDF

There is no option to import a PDF (or DWF) without applications/tools on top of AutoCAD. Which command did you use to get the PDF displayed in AutoCAD?

>> I get a message saying the file is either corrupt, out of date or not of decent quality

Can you please upload a screenshot from that message?

Never heard about a message about "...decent quality".

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

Appologies if my English is not clear, it's not my mother toung. I instert the PDF and DWF files with the reference manager. I've attached a screen grap of my desktop with the error message. The note in the command line is also something I've not seen before.

Regards,

Marius

Message 11 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Appologies if my English is not clear, it's not my mother toung

No problem, I'm also not an English native speaker 😉 But we needed to clarify what you did and so thank you for your screenshot!

And most important: have you seen the error message in the command line (within your screenshot):
>> C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\acdwfmarkupcore.crx is an invalid ARX file.

The only thread I have found with that message (>>>click<<<) also first recommends to run a repair install and - sorry to say - the guy who had the problem solved this issue only by reinstalling the operating system.

I would first rename the acdwfmarkupcore.crx file to any other extension, so AutoCAD can't find it. If you don't need the markup support maybe you can then use PDFATTACH without issues, if not run a full repair installation of AutoCAD and hopefully this works (make sure you have full admin permissions, and antivirus is turned off during that process).

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you for the advice, I'm new to the company and have no administrative rights on the computer so will have to get our IT department to look into. Once solved I will post an update so it may also help other community users.

Regards,

Marius

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

I couldn't find  the import as pdf command in the dialogue box, please help

Message 14 of 14
cadffm

There is no IMPORT PDF function, so you can not finde them in this product.

You can Attach PDFs as underlay, look into your Help [F1]: PDFATTACH

Command: PDFATTACH or TAB 'Insert'

PDFIMPORT (for import vector data from PDF to your CAD-File is available since 2017 version.

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report