Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Input dialogue box randomly disappears

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1245 Views, 9 Replies

Dynamic Input dialogue box randomly disappears

My dialogue box will randomly disappear during use. No settings have changed. If I want to use PEDIT for example, most of the time my drop down dialogue box will display "Pick polyline or [arrow]". However, randomly during use this will stop appearing. I can obviously look in the command line box and use text, but I would rather be able to see it. If I reopen the file, my box reappears. But I can't keep doing this every 10 minutes. 

DYNMODE is set to 3

FILEDIA is set to 1

Dynamic Input is ON. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and Welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

maybe you have to turn it on by press F12.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

This does nothing.
Message 4 of 10
nrz13

@Anonymous

I have the same issue.  Enter SYSVARMONITOR at the command line and add DYNMODE to the list of system variables to be watched.  That way it will at least alert you when it happens so you might be able to figure out a pattern from whatever is causing it to happen.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 10
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you try turning on the SYSVARMONITOR to see what might be turning off the variable?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if you determined what might be toggling this off. Please update your post.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I am using SYSVARMONITOR. Nothing is working. I am still having problems. My settings still reset mid-use. I am at my wits end. Thank you.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I also have uninstalled and reinstalled and I am still having issues. 

Message 9 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

If you are monitoring when this gets turned off using SysVarMonitor, does the monitor not alert you when it get turned off?  It is likely that you have a Lisp routine that is disabling this feature.

You can try creating a new user account (administrator permissions), log on to your computer with that account, and work in AutoCAD with no add-ins or customizations. If you try this step please let me know if the issue reappears.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 10
realrmnk

Let's try this one, I just solved it!

Dynamic input propblem.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta