Did you mean: 

How can I separate the Trim/Extend icons so they are not on the same drop down

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2368 Views, 8 Replies

How can I separate the Trim/Extend icons so they are not on the same drop down

Hello fellow cad people. The Trim and Extend commands are arguably the most used commands in Autocad in my opinion. It is extremely annoying to me to have to select them from a drop down vs just clicking the one I need. Is it possible to separate these two commands form the drop down? I tried looking through the forum but had no luck, all i found were ways of making new toolbars. when you make new tool bars they are still combined.

trim-extend.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

These two commands have become very closely related. Did you know that no matter which one you choose, you can still use the other while the command is still active by pressing the shift key?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks Rob! it worked. This should be more readable available information when you hover over the command as opposed to "pres F1 for help" . I will defiantly practice using it but the question still remains. can they be separated? I don't always have my hand on the keyboard, sometimes i'm holding a part in my hand. It is Autocad 2018 not Revit BTW but i get what you are saying.

Message 4 of 9
GrantsPirate

cui trim extend.JPGcui trim extend both.JPG

Modify the CUI to show what you want.  The image on the left is what you have now, edit it to show what I have on the right.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

thank you  

Message 6 of 9
j-.b

I tried this today and all went fine but my Ribbon Panel has not reflected the icon change... ideas?
I'm using Civil 3D under the Drafting & Annotation workspace. I already restarted the program and changed to a different workspace and back to Drafting & Annotation.

Message 7 of 9
jimWebbDVQLD

Thats great, it worked for me.

Thanks again

Message 8 of 9
dgnclave

Works great for me! Thank you. Saved from a repeated migraine!

Message 9 of 9
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: dgnclave

Some advanced mouses have a tilting wheel. Left to Trim, Right to Extend. You won't remember where those commands are stored in the Ribbon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators