Did you mean: 

DWG Preview Will Not Display in Windows Preview Pane

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
Anonymous
33973 Views, 32 Replies

DWG Preview Will Not Display in Windows Preview Pane

Hi, has anyone had the issue where a dwg will not display in the Windows 7 preview pane?  I have already checked my Thumbnail Preview Settings in Autocad and preview will not show regardless of which version I save the file as. Folder view setting in Windows is also set to display thumbnails.  This is unfortunately the easiest way for me to find certain types of files and the preview in AutoCAD's "Open Drawing" dialogue is actually too small for me to distiguish between files. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

*Running AutoCAD Architecture 2014 on Windows 7

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

" BTW, if it was already unchecked - then check it, accepting the change, then a few minutes later uncheck it again - then test."

Simply doing nothing fixes nothing - someone said

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Ok, already did that as you recommended the first time you said it...  Actually did it twice, restored defaults, and reset folders.

That condescending statement at the end is not helpful btw.

Message 23 of 33
pendean

Sadly, that is how you read it, I was trying to explain my quote: since you never wrote about doing so, I had no idea you did it. There are no emotions on public forums until someone starts leaving you heart-shaped icons (or less friendly substitutes) 🙂

So this is part of a suite, not a stand-alone? And you keep reinstalling the entire suite instead of just repairing the single application, correct?
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous

Sadly, that is how you put it...  you explained your quote with a condescending statement that insunates that I'm "simply doing nothing".  It would behoove you to respond with a simple "So, did you try this:" and then proceed with your quote from the previous post.

Yes it is part of a suite.  Had a fresh install when my boss got me a new computer about a year ago and then a couple weeks ago our company got a new network and had to create a new user for me on that network which was essentially a fresh install as all my autocad settings were lost and all settings were back to default.

No, I have never done a repair of the single application was actually just about to do that.  Is that what you recommend?

Message 25 of 33
BeKirra

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe it was default as I never changed it and have had a new AutoCAD suite installed a couple times.

I don't have an option for "SHOW CONTROLLERS...".  I do however have "Show preview handlers in preview pane" and it is checked.

Apart from what pendean said on post 17, Can you check this:

Folder Options 1.jpg

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 26 of 33
wispoxy

It's probably a windows issue, not AutoCAD. Is other files from other programs showing in windows preview pane?

(Try to preview a TIFF or a web document)

and what type of file is it? How do you know someone didn't use AutoCAD 2016 but saved as AutoCAD 2004? Is the drawing

view saved at 0z(22R) 5% or is it saved in the non-formatted way (2*2)%50T ?

Message 27 of 33
wispoxy

Congrats on 2000 Solutions. Cat Very Happy

pendean

Message 28 of 33
wispoxy

Plus, have you checked the CONFIG > Open and Save > Thumbnail Preview Settings...

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: wispoxy

Ended up doing a repair install and voila!

Message 30 of 33
pendean

Woohoo!

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous

Hey I had the same problem and simple answers to this questions are:

1) Control Panel > DWG Trueview > right click > Uninstall/change > Reinstall > Finish

If this doesn't work do the same with design review and AutoCAD

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 33
Anonymous

Hi,

I get successfully solved this issue in a low tech way.

In my notebook the preview was running perfectly.

So, I export the Autocad 2013 profile (Tools>Options>Profiles>Export).

Then, I copy the saved file in the desk top, where the problem was killing me, and import the new profile to Autocad 2013 using basically the same procedure (Tools>Options>Profiles>Import).

Finally, click on "apply" and "ok".

The preview window should work again.

Hope I have helped some guys.

Message 33 of 33
Anonymous

Here is how to fix Windows 10 Thumbnail preview not showing

Search file explorer options in windows 10 taskbar search

Now, click on view tab and uncheck the option saying Always show icons never thumbnails.

Finally click on apply.

Source:- http://merabheja.com/fix-windows-10-thumbnail-preview-not-showing/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report