Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing template quick tip!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
caddude1
290 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing template quick tip!

Just a quick tip on a commonly overlooked aspect of drawing template creation. Do not forget to set up a table style when you are creating your template. The default setup just does not work for some things. By including a format with your preferred settings, you will always have it in any new drawing!

Mark Behrens
Controls Designer/CAD Manager
42 year AutoCAD user | 15 year AutoCAD Electrical user
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DavidDillonJr
in reply to: caddude1

@caddude1  Have you used the Design Center to load from your template into a new drawing? I agree that if you overlook the table style, your tables may not look the same if everyone makes a different table style. 

If you put everything that you can into a template it tends to make the drawing slow. Especially once xrefs are linked in. 

I keep a template for each project so I can load what I need in the Design Center keeping sheet and xrefs file size smaller and faster.

David Dillon
Message 3 of 4
caddude1
in reply to: DavidDillonJr

I agree that loading up a drawing template will slow ACAD. I limit my template to required layers and parameter setting basically. I am mainly setting up the layers and such for ACADE use, as I have many engineers that prefer to be able to start with what they need, not having to figure out xrefs and other items. Most of the CAD users are only limited users, except myself.

Mark Behrens
Message 4 of 4
caddude1
in reply to: DavidDillonJr

I am working with electrical, which can be particular at times. I have experimented with DC some, also other users are not really interested in other than open and edit quick and easy. Most actually prefer not do other than minimal editing, so I have to set up to their usage.

Mark Behrens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report