Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing appears good on screen, but won't print border, only the drawing content

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MarkFitz
3333 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing appears good on screen, but won't print border, only the drawing content

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the use of paperspace as anything other than adding your final border.  I setup my drawing as a section from a large drawing, putting the section I want into a viewport, going through the Attach DWG., Clip, Layout, I created a new layer for the viewport so I could check the "DO NOT PRINT" function, inserted my drawing border, scaled and everything.  Everything looked OK.  Onscreen.  When it came to print,my details print, but the border does not.  And yes, the border is due to be set to print.

Many thanks,

MarkFitz

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: MarkFitz

Does it show when you do PREVIEW before printing?

List the border, what layer is it on? DEFPOINTS?

Message 3 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

Is the border on the outside of the dashed line?  If so, that's outside of the printable area and will not print.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 5
MarkFitz
in reply to: Patchy

No, it does not show in the print preview.

Ahhh...  simple and probably foolish mistake, most likely on my part, too much cross referencing between drawings.

I THOUGHT the border, title block, etc. had been created on the BORDER layer, which was OK to print, when in fact, it was inserted on the VIEWPORT layer which had been checked as DO NOT PRINT.  Changes made, everyone is happy again!

Thanks for the schooling, Patchy (and the fast response!)

Mark

Separate note, what is DEFPOINTS, and why did you single this layer out?

Message 5 of 5
Patchy

Anything on Defpoints layer will not print, it's autocad setting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report