Dimension out from suppress arrow

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Abrarhp7
878 Views, 14 Replies

Dimension out from suppress arrow

Hi Expert !

I have a problem with dimensions.When i change it's direction from (Left-to-Right) to (Right-to-Lift) then it's become like this as i encircle in screenshot.Also all dimensions randomly viewed some lift-to-right & some Right-to-Lift.Please note that all dimension in same dim style.Please Solution..

Problem.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
imadHabash
in reply to: Abrarhp7

Hi,

>> .When i change it's direction from (Left-to-Right) to (Right-to-Lift) then it's become like this as i encircle in screenshot. << 

i suggest to manage this issue from your dimension style (Fit tab ) and as shown from below image.

fdtu.png

i see ( from your screenshot ) that most of your dimensions are upside down ... please attache here part of your dwg file to take a look around ?

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
Abrarhp7
in reply to: imadHabash

Same problem .That's option already checked in my dim style.Yes you are right that i also mention that dimension goes random direction even dim style too same for all.When i change direction from left-to-right then all dimension become ok but when i change it to right-to-left then this problem shown...

Message 4 of 15
imadHabash

as i said ... if you would like to get help more you can attache here your dwg or part from . 

all the best ,,,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
Abrarhp7

Kindly check dwg that's attached below..

Message 6 of 15
imadHabash

Hi,

depending on that plan direction that exist ... i found that the problem is just to change the view direction ( Left to right ) . if that your issue please set current your dimension style then change the direction as shown below. see also attached dwg file

fedfew.png

please come back again if any more questions you need . 🙂

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
Abrarhp7

Yes that's i mention, But still my problem not solve due to this i need to rotate dwg in layout on dimention rotation base.Thanks for your suggestion.

Message 8 of 15
Abrarhp7

KIndly see screencast for main problem...

Message 9 of 15
imadHabash

the question is how did you want the final output to be ? so your plan in Model space oriented in a way totally different in layout . also if do you want to fix your dimensions and as you did what about the upside text ? SO ... i suggest to rotate your plan in a proper way to prevent any major future changes that will confuse you.

All the best..

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
Abrarhp7

As shown in layout.i'm not worry about the text main issue dimensions.

Message 11 of 15
imadHabash

when you rotate your dimension plan in VP all texts and dimensions will get upside down as you have. and when you change text orientation through VP this will not fix the issue ever and never in addition that your model will be damaged. my advice is to rotate your plan in Model space and finish your works there NOT in layouts.  

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
scottspeig

Dimensions have a locked UCS base. If you have rotated the UCS and created the dims, then its orientation remains the same.

Try this LISP command (only works on full autoCAD as LT doesn't allow LISP as far as i can tell)

Message 13 of 15
Abrarhp7
in reply to: scottspeig

This Lisp working fine to change Dimtxt but my problem is still not solve.I think that's problem in text Right-to-Lift direction at all.Can you check this with your drawing.In Dimension setting (Text fit place Suppress & Text placement over dimension line with leader).I check this with my some dwg with different dim styles but same problem happened.

Please see the dim text fitting setting in screeenshot.14.png

Message 14 of 15
scottspeig

From what I gather, you are wanting to change the dim text from left-to-right to right-to-left in order to appease your viewport, except there are some dims that are operating differently.

I would have thought this is due to when the dims are created? As those with a 90 degree rotation in the UCS can look correct at one position and wrong in when rotated in viewport. If that's the case, then I'm thinking you might need to redo those particular dims to have the same UCS. I'm unaware of any other option, but someone else might know of a way.

I noticed on your file that some dims are right-to-left, and others are left-to-right. If you want them all the same, I'd suggest using qselect and then modifying them within the properties pallette.

Message 15 of 15
Abrarhp7
in reply to: scottspeig

Thanks for your suggestion .Problem in Right-to-Left view style for all Dim styles you can check this with your drawings.All dims taken in same ucs plan there's no ucs issue.Problem will never b solved .so i think this topic closed here..Thanks to all..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report