Problem with the resolution 4K of my Dell Inspiron 7000

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
5586 Views, 14 Replies

Problem with the resolution 4K of my Dell Inspiron 7000

Hi,

sorry for my English, I'm Italian student.

I've got a Dell Inspiron 7000 15,6' 4K Ultra HD display.

I've got a problem with the resolution 4K of Autocad 2016.

The problem is some icons are small and that the movement of the cursor on the display is very slow.

I've already contacted the service center of the Dell but they replied that the problem is the program.

I've the same problems with Photoshop.

I need help.

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately 4k resolution screens are not supported at this time, however there are a few workarounds for 4k resolution screens, that may help.

Change the text size setting or you could also try this app scaling method.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

ciao alex.vacante

ho anche io un dell inspiron 7000 nuovo di pacca e credo di avere i tuoi stessi problemi con i programmi (autocad, photoshop e il resto di adobe). ho letto qualche forum e mi sembra di aver capito che dipenda dal fatto che le icone di autocad così come quelle di photoshop non siano ancora state adattate. sei riuscito a risolvere in qualche modo o a capirci qualcosa?

grazie_ Piera

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Ciao Piera,

facendo alcune ricerche sul web e contattando la Dell, ho compreso che Autodesk e Adobe non hanno ancora adattato l'interfaccia grafica dei loro vari programmi ad una risoluzione 4K (3840 x 2160).

Il problema si può risolvere facilmente diminuendo la risoluzione dello schermo a 1920 x 1080 e diminuendo le dimensione del testo; non è la risoluzione ottimale per le potenzialità tecniche del pc, ma secondo me per il momento è quella migliore.

Spero di esserti stato di aiuto.

Alessandro

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Sì, anche io ho risolto così.
Grazie! buon lavoro

--
Piera Bongiorni
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

ciao!

anch'io ho lo stesso problema di visualizzazione, ho provato ad abbassare la risoluzione come suggerito da te ma ancora l'aspetto di photoshop non accenna a cambiare. Potresti darmi suggerimenti più precisi per favore.

Ho da poco acquistato questo dell per fare la mia tesi ma sono completamente bloccata.

grazie in anticipo 

erika

Message 7 of 15
pendean

This method works for most Autodesk software and Photoshop too:
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

thank you very much! I will try to do as say the link!!! 😄
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

I have the same computer, but I'm using Autocad 2013. I tried all the fixes you suggested, but none of them seem to help. Any other suggestions? Or should I try using 2016 instead?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

I'm using Autocad 2015 and this is the best method.

Try also to read the comments provided in the link.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 15
pendean
Message 12 of 15
BillGlennie
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your observations on the appearance of AutoCAD on high resolution displays. The development team is looking for comments about your experience with setting the Windows display scale to 150% or more, to accommodate newer monitors. Please take this quick survey (5 minutes), if you have tried to use AutoCAD this way.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Bill Glennie, on behalf of the AutoCAD Team

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Same issue here, I have a new DELL with a 4k screen and I'm about to try SolidWorks or anything else to make my work done this morning !!!

I have tried all the fixes from this link :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Odd-gr...

Doesn't work.

I have also tried the manifest file renamed to Acad.exe in the Program file folder... Doesn't work.

If I change the screen resolution, everything come too big, and Autocad doesn't look better either...

Please... Autodesk... Do something else than refer your clients to a photoshop reference page !!!!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

And please note that I have done the survey, but that won't make my work done faster this morning !
Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

Ciao anche io sono italiano e ho un dell inspirion con i7 7700 scheda video gtx 1050 ti 4gb e display 4K , il problema delle icone sembra essere risolto con autocad 2018 anche se non sono definite ma semplicemente zoommate ma almeno le grandezze le hanno risolte , ma quello che ancora non ho capito come risolvere è un po' di lentezza del cursore un pc del mio collega con i5 scheda integrata Intel 530 autocad 2015 monitor con risoluzione 1200 pixel va più fluido del mio ! E non è una questione nemmeno di versione poiché sul mio anch'io ho autocad 2015 e il suo va sempre leggermente più fluido 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta