Did you mean: 

delay in implementation of orders

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
812 Views, 22 Replies

delay in implementation of orders

I have a rog asus laptop G series, when I installed an autocad 2017 trial and do some orders  I found a delay in implementation of almost orders, please help me.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
wispoxy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, apologies but I do not understand what you mean by "I found a delay in implementation of almost orders". If you could further elaborate it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a rog asus laptop G series, when I installed an autocad 2017 trial and do some orders  I found a delay in implementation of almost orders, please help me.

Does your laptop meet the system requirements?  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD-2017.html

Message 4 of 23
john.vellek

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community forums!

Can you give me your hardware specifications for your laptop? I am interested to see if it has enough capacity to really run the product properly. If I understand correctly, you are experiencing a lag or delay when trying to run commands within AutoCAD.

Please also try logging onto your laptop using a new user account with full administrative permissions.

You might also try disabling your security software and UAC temporarily to see if it interfering with the operations.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: wispoxy

Hi sir,

There is an interval between a hit on mouse or keyboard and implementation of order.

Message 6 of 23
wispoxy

Are you using any 3rd party add-ons?
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Operation system: wind 10 home 64-bit(10.0, build 10586)
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHZ (8 CPUS),~2.4GHZ
Memory: 24576MB RAM
DirectX Version:12
Chip  Type: GeForce GTX 780M
Device Type: Full Disply Device
Current Disply Mode: 1920 x 1080 (60Hz)

Message 8 of 23
john.vellek

Hi dheyaaz84,

Thank you for your quick reply. It appears that your hardware should not be in question.

Did you try the other options I provided? Also, please let me know if enabling/disabling Hardware acceleration makes any difference.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous

Hi Sir,
Thank you. I tried to enable/disable Hardware acceleration and no any difference.
Message 10 of 23
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Please try these steps as well.

Log onto your laptop using a new user account with full administrative permissions.

You might also try disabling your security software and UAC temporarily to see if it interfering with the operations.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous

Hi Sir,
How?
Message 12 of 23
john.vellek

Hello dheyaaz84,

To create a new user account in windows (I don't have version 10 home but it should be similar) you go into Windows>Control Panel>User Accounts and add a user by selecting "Give other users access to this computer" you should then be able to make this user an administrator.

Once that is done, logon with the new account.

Next do a search for UAC on your computer. In Action Center you can set "User Account Settings" to never notify.

If you have a third-party security software application let me know which one. Otherwise in Windows, go to Control Panel>System and Security>FIrewall

Temporarily turn off the firewall.

Now run AutoCAD to see if the delays are still apparent.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous

Hi Sir,
I do that and no difference, please help me.
Message 14 of 23
john.vellek

Start Task Manger (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and watch functions are hitting your CPU and memory usage while you are running AutoCAD. I am curious if there is something other than AutoCAD that is causing your issues.

Please also make sure that your graphics driver is ver. 368.22.

Also, when do you experience the delay? Are you able to select a command or type one in easily and then try to select something on the screen when the delay happens or is even the command selection or typing slow?

Have you applied the software updates that are available (Hotfixes)?

Hotfix 2

Hotfix 3

John Vellek

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous

Hi Sir,
I had tired but no Improvement.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous

Dear Sir,I'd like to tell you that Auto Cad 2017 installed in Local Disk D in my computer not C, Is this the effect on performance?
Message 17 of 23
john.vellek

Is your D drive an external drive?

When you looked at the Task Manager, which other programs were using the most CPU when you worked in AutoCAD?

John Vellek

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous

My Memory: 24576MB RAM, it couldn't full by any program.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous

The D is internal and part of hard.
Message 20 of 23
RDAOU

Hello All...

@Anonymous ... 🙂 you do not need to private message people to draw them your post. You can just simply tag them buy using @........ followed by the name... Anyhow; you can try one or all of the following:

1. Clear your temp folder ... type %TEMP% in the windows Start > Run /search bar and delete everything in that folder. (Skip files and folders in use)
  2. Open the Task Manager  and manage your startup items under the Startup tab.
    • uncheck/remove any applications which you do not really use..
  3. Install AutoCAD 2017 Hotfix (I am pretty sure several should have been issued by now)
  4. Make sure you always log on to your Autodesk Account Management and check available downloads for Autodesk 2017 (Updates, Service Packs...etc) I am not following up on AutoCAD since more than 2 years so I can't be really sure what has been released for 2017
  5. Check if the driver for your PC's graphic card is up to date...if not go ahead and update it

Reboot and try again...

If none of the above works; you might need to look into moving and/or resizing your windows Virtual Memory Swap files...is the hard drive D where you have AutoCAD installed a partition or a system drive?

Appart from the above...I have no other suggestions but to go for a clean uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD 2017 on your C drive

Good luck

Rob

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta