Did you mean: 

BASELINE PLINE

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
379 Views, 5 Replies

BASELINE PLINE

Hi all
Looking for a command when using PLINE that creates a new baseline. To allow new angles to be set as though the last line was zero degree baseline.
Kind regards
JP
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> allow new angles to be set as though the last line

You can use command _UCS and align this user coordinate system to your previous object.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:
... a command when using PLINE that creates a new baseline. To allow new angles to be set as though the last line was zero degree baseline.

Since you ask this in the specific context of using PLINE, I'm wondering whether you really mean is that you want new angles for each segment to be set as though the most recent line segment in the Polyline you're drawing was at 0 degrees as a reference angle.  If that's what you're looking for, it will not be possible with UCS, which can't be used transparently [i.e. requires closing the Polyline command].

I do have a routine that continues a Polyline.  It asks you to pick something, which can be a Polyline or just a Line or Arc, and it continues with a Polyline command from the end nearest where you pick.  It knows which direction that's headed in case you want an arc segment continuing tangent from there.  When you're done, it joins what you did to the selected object, and if you pick Close, includes that object rather than closing back to the point where you started your continuation.  I can imagine it might be possible to construct a routine that would incorporate that kind of functionality, one segment at a time, and if the latest segment was a line, change the UCS in between.  Does that sound like it would do what you want?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks so much for your reply Kent1Cooper! Would the routine operate with degrees minutes seconds? I'd mainly use it to plot boundary lots
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks so much for you reply!
Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:
.... I'd mainly use it to plot boundary lots

Then I'm confused.  Property boundaries that I've seen have always had angles relative to one reference direction [the North/South axis].  I've never seen a deed that describes the direction of a boundary line as a "bend" of a certain amount from the direction of the previous line, except a very few in rectangular city blocks, that say there's a certain length of frontage on a street and the property extends back perpendicular from there by a certain distance.  But for that you would only need to turn Ortho on.  If they do things differently where you are, can you post a typical boundary description?

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta