Deg - Feet/inch symbol

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4579 Views, 8 Replies

Deg - Feet/inch symbol

Hello,

Currently, when I do an angled dimension, I get a degree symbol with a feet or inch symbol after it.

Does anyone know a way to permanently remove the feet/inch symbol when I do these dimensions?  (other than manually removing the suffix in properties for each dimension)

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Ranjit_Singh1
in reply to: Anonymous

seems like DIMPOST holds that suffix. Call dimpost and pass either . (period) or , (comma) to remove the suffix. For existing dimensions , select similar and change the suffix in properties.

Message 3 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

also you can modify it from DDIM command and as mentioned in the previous post.

tyu.png

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

The problem with this option is it removes inch/feet from my regular linear dimensions as well. I just want it removed from my angled dimensions

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Ranjit_Singh1

See my comment below.  Same problem with this option.

Message 6 of 9
imadHabash

Hi,

i suggest to make a new dimension style to use it for angled dimensions (without inch / feet ) , just select one of those angled dimensions then right click to choose select similar then move them to the new dimension style. 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem with this option is it removes inch/feet from my regular linear dimensions as well. I just want it removed from my angled dimensions

What unit format do you have set for linear dimensions?  If Architectural, you'll get feet and inches marks without  needing to spell out a suffix, so the angular Dimensions won't get the suffix.  If you're doing Civil engineering with a foot  as a drawing unit, and use decimal units for linear Dimensions, you do need the foot-mark suffix.  Unfortunately, even though the dialog box has that in the linear-Dimensions category, it seems to apply it to angular-dimension text, too, which seems like an error in programming.  You can get around that by making a separate Dimension Style  that you use for angular dimensions, without  the suffix.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9
Ranjit_Singh1

As suggested in other posts, make a new dimension style. For any existing drawings try below lisp. Very lightly tested

;:Ranjit Singh
;;8/31/17
(defun c:somefunc  (/ ent etdata)
 (and (mapcar '(lambda (x)
                (and (member '(100 . "AcDb2LineAngularDimension") (setq etdata (entget x)))
                     (setq ent (cdr (assoc -2 (tblsearch "block" (cdr (assoc 2 etdata))))))
                     (while ent
                      (and (= "MTEXT" (cdr (assoc 0 (setq etdata (entget ent)))))
                           (entmod (subst (cons 1 (vl-string-right-trim "'" (cdr (assoc 1 etdata)))) (assoc 1 etdata) etdata)))
                      (setq ent (entnext ent)))))
              (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex (ssget "_x" '((0 . "dimension"))))))
      (vla-regen (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) 1))
 (princ))
Message 9 of 9
scot-65

As others have suggested - The easiest is to create a unique
dimension style for this.

You may go over to the customization section and have someone help
you create a specific keystroke just for angled dimensions.

For us, there are more than one dimension variables to change.
We use the architectural tics and they do not look good on angled
dimensions (also for radius dimensions).

For angled, we have to set these: DIMADEC, DIMASZ, DIMBLK, DIMTIH.

For radius: DIMASZ, DIMATFIT, DIMBLK, DIMDLE, DIMTMOVE.

Set these dimension variables as temporary overrides, apply the
dimension and restore the dimension style.

(command "-DIMSTYLE" "Restore" (getvar "DIMSTYLE"))

...for non-LT users.

LT users: Create a script, however it will crash if the wrong entity is
selected or no entity at all is selected.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta