Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datalink Table Headers and titles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1060 Views, 3 Replies

Datalink Table Headers and titles

I am trying to create a table using the annotate table data link method. It works fine except I can not get the formatting for the color correct. If you are linking to an existing xls spreadsheet, the option to choose and define the order for the data, title, and headers is greyed out and unavailable. My first row comes in and i can manipulate the data color to change it (even though it's actually the theaders) but i can change the other 2 types (header and title) and nothing happens. My assumption is that it's using the premapped settings and they're wrong. My actual data stays grey/default color and I  can not change it. But again my headers are actually premapped to the data cell style and i cant not change it. Thoughts? TIA.

TLDR; All data in linked table is using data cell style. How do i define the header row?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you share some actual files?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sure see attached. Also included a screenshot so you can see the style vs table.

Message 4 of 4
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

When Linking the table make sure that you have the option "Use excel formatting" is unchecked, doing so the linked table would follow the table style.

This option would be hidden, and you might have not seen this and proceeded when data linking the excel.

image.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta