Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed lines in paper space are still solid.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ucla.alanaw
4155 Views, 4 Replies

Dashed lines in paper space are still solid.

LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, AND PSLTSCALE are all set to 1 and I used REGENALL. However, my dashed lines are still solid. I've had this problem before and I was able to fix it with these settings but it's not working this time. Can I show someone my file and they take a look at it? It might be my line weights but I'm not familiar with those settings too much. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ucla.alanaw
Message 3 of 5

Depending on the scale setting of the viewport you may find you have to inverse the scale to get the dashes to appear.

e.g. set the scale really small.

Some objects look better when their scale is set to the viewport scale.

I was referring to the object setting itself not the system variables you mentioned, which I agree may need to be tweaked as was to get the results you are looking for. 

Hope these hints help

-Tim C.

Message 4 of 5

Some other thoughts...

1. Enter the command MEASUREMENT and set it to 0 for Imperial Linetypes, or set it to 1 if for a metric drawing.  Then, enter the LINETYPE command and reload all the linetypes, then enter the command REGENALL

2. After trying the first option, check the layers to see what the linetypes are set at.  There may be Viewport override settings in that all the linetypes are set to "Continuous". Keep in mind, the Paperspace environment is in itself a Viewport that can have VP overrides even if your cursor is not inside one of the MView viewports.

Message 5 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: ucla.alanaw

you may forget to pick inside your VP and to make it active first , isn't it ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta