Did you mean: 

Crosshair Lineweight adjustment..

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
shaeseler
632 Views, 9 Replies

Crosshair Lineweight adjustment..

Hi everyone, I understand how to adjust the color and size of the crosshairs and pick box but how do I adjust the width of the lines that make these items. I am doing lots of tracings and the crosshairs and pick box are sometimes hard to find or see. I have adjusted the color and size but the displayed weight would be nice to adjust as well, This would have it show up easier against the pdf or tif image I am working from.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: shaeseler

Hi,

I'm afraid that it's NOT applicable.!! There is NO settings for such a need.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
pendean

Image? Change the color or the image.

If you are drawing over images, you probably need to be using Raster Design to help you click on those points.

Change the display settings in your OS and/or Monitor?

Fix the color contrast on your screen(s): does your video card allow that?

How about changing more than just the color of the crosshairs, like the backgrounds yu are in?

Ensure your AutoCAD is 100% updated too: show us your ABOUT command pop-up.

If you are using 2022/2023/2024... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD. See if that helps.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables.

OR... start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration.

Anything help?

Message 4 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@shaeseler wrote:

.... I am doing lots of tracings and the crosshairs and pick box .... have it show up easier against the pdf or tif image I am working from.

How about just changing the Transparency of the image/PDF, which you can set in the Properties palette?  Higher number, dimmer image so the crosshairs/pick box show up better.  Obviously it's a compromise between visibility of those and clarity of what you are tracing over, so you would need to experiment, and the ideal transparency wouldn't be the same for every image.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 10
Robert_Endres

I CANT BELIEVE THAT THE THICKNESS OF THE CROSSHAIR IS NOT VARAIABLE, WITH TODAYS SUPER HIGH RESOLUTION MONITORS IT IS SOMETIMES IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE OUT THE CURSOR FROM THE LINEWORK. PLEASE ADD A FUNCTION TO ADJUST THE WIDTH, 

THANKS BOB.

Message 6 of 10
CGBenner
in reply to: Robert_Endres

@Robert_Endres 

Welcome to the Community, Bob.

If you want to have a voice in influencing the development of AutoCAD, a great place to do that would be in the AutoCAD Beta.  Take a look, join and poke around.  Your voice matters.  Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 7 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@Robert_Endres wrote:

.... PLEASE ADD A FUNCTION TO ADJUST THE WIDTH, ....

We're just other Users like you, with light oversight by Autodesk people but not the ones who could do what you're requesting.  Go to the >Product Feedback Page<.

In the meantime, you can give the crosshairs a distinctive color [I even have it different in Model vs. Paper Space] that stands out from the colors of drawn content.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 10
CGBenner

@Robert_Endres Hello, do you still need help with this question?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 9 of 10
shaeseler
in reply to: pendean

I am aware of Raster Design. I do not have it nor am I able to get it .

I have changed the OS pointer. Is that what you are referring to?

With 99% of all objects the video is fine. It is only when I have a raster image to trace. This isn't often.

I had changed the color of the crosshairs before and that helps a lot. What I did not realize is that when I open a cad file the profile I am in changes. Therefore the changes I made to the crosshair colors does not "stay" changed. This is a file management problem I am fighting with the Cad Admins. They have their reasons. I just reject them and that gets me nowhere. ha ha. Now that I realize the problem I just change profiles and the corrected crosshairs (green instead of white) are corrected.

I will look into the three variables thanks.

Message 10 of 10
shaeseler
in reply to: CGBenner

I am interested in this as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta