Create Projected View Not working - Inventor Server Failed to Load

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1363 Views, 8 Replies

Create Projected View Not working - Inventor Server Failed to Load

Command: _viewproj
Inventor Server failed to load.

Has anyone else come across this error before? Not sure what to do from here. 

Intention was to have projected views off the Object that I had inserted on the Layout1. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

Derek

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Was your model created in a different version?  Please attach your file so I can take a look.  To create these views, the Inventor engine is used but is only compatible with thee current version.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

John,

File attached for the file. Getting back into the flow of things with the current generation of AutoCad. 

Last program I used for AutoCad was 2008

Message 4 of 9
john.vellek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for sharing the file. I saved it in 2013 format and then clicked (selected) the Layout 1. I then started the VIEWBASE command, selected the model in modelspace and was able to create several different views.

Are you experiencing something different?

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Still not working. 

Still saying that I have a "Inventor Server Failed to Load"

Message 6 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

What version of AutoCAD are you using? Can you list the exact steps you are following or perhaps make a Screencast video?

John Vellek

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

It's AutoCad 2013 but as for 32 or 64 bit, I don't know. 

I talked with my IT Department and the way I'm accessing Autocad is through a term server which doesn't have access to internet. 

That may be a reason but another statement they made was I don't have full access as I'm not in their user system. 

Until work provides me a personal computer with the AutoCad properly installed, I guess this may not get resolved until then. 

I'm sorry for wasting your time about this. 

I do appreciate the time you've taken John

Message 8 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, all this doesn't sound like it is a good combination. The terminal server part is actually a violation of the licensing agreement.

Please let me know when they give you a "real" AutoCAD installation. If the problem continues I am happy to help you work through the issue.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Sounds good. Thanks John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report