Did you mean: 

crashes on exporting to .pdf

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3963 Views, 9 Replies

crashes on exporting to .pdf

Hi guys I have a little problem with my ACAD.

I'm using it for quiet some time now, but unfortunality I can't export any layout or model as .pdf right now. ACAD loads the file and tries to convert it and then just closes down without any Error message. I reinstalled, updated drivers, even lowered the load on my graphics card via hardware acceleration. Nothing helped. I' m kinda helpless right now and glad for any suggestion. Maybe there is a log file which stores the crash?

My system:

i5 3570

AMD R9 380x

16gb RAM

+SSD

Thanks in advance

Tags (4)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using the EXPORTPDF command or are you plotting to PDF. 

If you are using the command EXPORTPDF try plotting to pdf instead and see if you have the same problem. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Both are crashing the same. Actually I'm able to export new files I just created. Seems like the files I'm using are corrupted. Is there a way to fix them? I m kinda relying on those files

Message 4 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Actually I'm able to export new files I just created.

>> Seems like the files I'm using are corrupted.

Upload such a file so we can test it on our side.

What happens when you use copy and paste to copy your existing geometry from the 'defect' file into a new one, does plot to "DWG to PDF.pc3" then work?

Also please start command _ABOUT so we can see which product/version you exactly have.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I was about to write some additional infos when I just tried your approch. It actually works again. I did copy all geometry from the corrupted file in a new one and it exports fine. Obviously Layouts are lost but that should be fixed soon.

*I missed telling you that it wasnt saved from an ACAD rather then thirdparty CAD. But I don't know what corrupted it because I didn't changed much and it worked fine in the past.

Thank you very much for your help guys!

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Obviously Layouts are lost

You can try to import layouts from that defect file (e.g. using DesignCenter), but take care that this does not kill the new file (again). 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 10

I tried your method and imported (copy/paste) the old Layout from Design Center to no avail.  The program freezes when plotting to PDF.  I will try to recreate a New Layout from scratch, which, as you know, can be time consuming.

Is there a fix for this bug?  I have hundreds of "old" facility drawings that I reference and update on a regular basis.  These are then either plotted as, or exported as PDF's and emailed to the facilities they represent.

I did not have this issue with earlier versions of AutoCad.

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

>> Is there a fix for this bug?

I guess it's more dependent on your dwg-file or PC3-file.

If you could:

• upload the dwg (and all referenced files)
  • send a screenshot of command/dialog _ABOUT
  • make sure you used the "DWG to PDF.pc3" to plot (and not a 3rd party driver)
  • make sure "DWG to PDF.pc3" is not a pc3-file migrated from older AutoCAD versions

...we could better analyse and then send valid suggestions.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 10

Thank you for your response, Alfred - I will see if I can pull that information together today.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Cbraunheim

Hey, I'm having the same issue except I cannot simply copy to a new file. I have ArcGIS data connected to the file (it's my work AutoCAD account, not this one which is my personal account). I opened the files yesterday without the data connected to the file and it exported on my personal computer but not on my work laptop. Today on my personal computer I connected the data, and it's not exporting anymore.... Suggestions other than just a screenshot?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report