Copy/ Paste multiple drawings ignore AEC objects

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
pixelarch
8287 Views, 28 Replies

Copy/ Paste multiple drawings ignore AEC objects

Dear All,

The problems : we got the big size file (file A), we fix it then we copy/ paste information (e.g. texts) from the other bad file (file B). File A becomes big size again although texts were copied is simple.

Question : How the best to copy these texts?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
maxim_k
in reply to: pixelarch

Hi,

Try to WBLOCK text from file B. This will create file C containing only text you want to copy from B to A. Then insert exploded file C into file B.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 29
pixelarch
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks. Any way else?

Message 4 of 29
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you open the "bad file" ... do you get proxy-warnings? (assuming you have set the variable PROXYNOTICE to 1)

If so then please upload a screenshot with that dialog so we can see what applications were involved in creating/modifying that dwg.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 29
pixelarch
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

No proxy warning, alfred.

Message 6 of 29
pendean

if you know there are AEC objects, use -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the command name) to convert them first. Aim for a low format DWG file works best.
Message 7 of 29
pixelarch
in reply to: pendean

-AECTOACAD just works with ACAD 2011. If run AECTOCAD in 2013 platform the file become bigger a little, not smaller.

Message 8 of 29
pendean

It gets bigger because the AEC objects are exploded into core AutoCAD formats. AEC objects are your problem, time to fix them.
And that's not the command I wrote, re-read it: you are referencing a PGP mask.

May I ask what is this obsession with file size (looking at your other post): how big are we talking about (before and after)?
Message 9 of 29
pixelarch

We are working on big projects, working file is around 15 MB. The sheet file xref over 20 working file. When we bind it, final file is over 150 MB in size.

Now, i can reduce 15MB to 200KB but after that member copy elements from old drawing, it become bigger again although they just copy some text. I try to stop it.

Generally, when we copy/ paste elements from heavy file (it takes long time around 5minutes to process) to clean file. Then clean file get bigger immediately.

But i dont know why its around 15MB. Pls see the link http://www.mediafire.com/?41zw6ezextz5vhb

Message 10 of 29
Anonymous

I have experienced the issue that you are describing and this is due to the presence of DGN linetypes which will be caried to another drawing if someone copy and paste objects from that file. I use batch tool to clear my project files to free of DGN linetypes and after that it works as expected. I have attached your file back after DGN linetype purged.

Message 11 of 29
pendean

The fix must be applied to ALL your files: fixing only one file is not a final solution as you will repeat the problem over and over again.

Explore purchasing a third party tool called SUPERPURGE to fix all of your files.
Message 12 of 29
pixelarch
in reply to: Anonymous

How can you do that?

Message 13 of 29
pixelarch

I knew it pendean. I tried to help whole teams fix this but too many people working on over 1000 files. I want to fix this at one time. That is the reason i create another topic to create DXFOUT script http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/DXFOUT-script/td-p/4300929

Then i can use scriptpro to fix this after everybody leave office.

Let think about SUPERPURGE

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous

Try with free batch tools available from http://www.cadmanagertools.com

It is compatible with AutoCAD 2012 only.

Message 15 of 29
pixelarch

I used 2013. No choice?
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous

If you have the version of 2012 AutoCAD or Civil 3D then use that to purge the linetypes then continue  with 2013 until the tool is available for 2013 & 2014

Message 17 of 29
pendean

http://manusoft.com/software/superpurge.html has no version limitations AFAIK.
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous

Is it free as the tool which I mentioned.

Message 19 of 29
pixelarch

SPURGE works slowly?
Message 20 of 29
pixelarch

I will try it later. My company upgraded to 2013 already.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report