Did you mean: 

Copy/Mirror/Array Commands Freeze

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1985 Views, 7 Replies

Copy/Mirror/Array Commands Freeze

We have installed the latest version of Autocad 2015.  The problem is everytime we use the Copy / Mirror or Array Commands, the system will freeze for 5 seconds.  We did not have this issue on previous versions 2014 or 2012.  We have since upgraded the graphics cards to 2GB Nvidia cards.  

Running Windows 7, 64bit

Intel i7-2600 3.40GHz

16 GB ram

Anybody else experiencing these problems or know of a solution.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Just those 3 commands?
Freeze right after initiating the command or after you select the objects or?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

These are the only 3 commands that I have found that do this.  It happens at the end of the command.  When you are basically pressing "enter".

I have played around with some settings and it seems that the "Linesmoothing" feature is causing the issues.  When we turn this off, the hesitation and lagging stops.

Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain

You might install SP1 for AutoCAD 2015 and make sure your NVIDIA drivers are the latest.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 8
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: rkmcswain

If turning LINESMOOTHING off resolves this, that is probably the easiest solution. SP1 may help, and also going back to DX 9 may help as well:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Shawn Niles
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

can you try to erase all objects on the drawing. make it blank. and save it on different name. check the file size....

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hello,

I m also experincing this kind of problem. install sp1 sp2, dgn purge hotfix, doesnt help.

I try to start over the drawing from the beginning which is take so much time....but after sometimes the problem appear again.

My computer spec. i7 3.2mhz, 16gb ram, nvidia quadro graphic card ssd hard drive.

Please any one can help ....

Thankyou...

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta