Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy layers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
219 Views, 3 Replies

Copy layers

Im just learning autocad 2016 for my job which consists of me updating oil pipe drawing revisions with circuit numbers to each pipe. Each layer is a circuit number. Is there a way to copy layers from Revision A to Revision B or a way to just replace rev a drawing with rev b while keeping the layers and adjusting what ever change was updated which is either adding or deleting a pipeline. They have me starting from scratch on each rev which i think is a waste of time. Thanks everyone for sharing any knowledge. I really appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

They have me starting from scratch on each rev which i think is a waste of time.

Yes, it wastes time really.

1st of all, is there a drawing standard in your office? And do you use vault?

If your answers are "no" to above, you may save your last revision to a new file for new revision. Then make changes on the file.

2nd, are you going to copy layers from a drawing file to another?

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BeKirra

Not sure if there is a standard as i receive the files from the cad dept.
No vault that i know of. How exactly can i change the old drawing with the
new drawing and keep the circuit numbers which were added. Not sure if
thats possible. Or could i copy layers into the new drawing and how. Thanks
for replying.

Message 4 of 4
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

You may have to ask your manager for how to updating drawing. This is not a drafting technique issue. This is more likely a company drafting standard issue.

A simple answer to the copy/paste layers question.

1. Type layerstate in command line, "Enter", then click "new" in the dialog.

2. Click "Export..." to export that new layer state.

3. On other drawing file, Type layerstate, "Enter", then click "Import..." in the dialog to import the layer state file (*.las) that you created.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report